Hi-this is my first day at myfitnesspal.

Options
This site was recommended to me by a co-worker. Her husband lost 40 pounds with the help of myfitnesspal. I was very impressed by what she told me so I have decided to give this a try. I lost about 50 pounds about 5 years ago on my own by changing my eating habits and exercising daily. I need to lose another 30 pounds but I am having a terrible time getting motivated to exercise more and am starting to make bad food choices daily. I am hoping that joining this group will help me attain my goals.

Replies

• snarkyblue
    Options
    welcome! I, like you, am new! I find everyone here to be very supportive, as well as the food counter to be AMAZING in helping me decide what I put into my mouth. You can lose that weight!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome : ) I've been here a week & a half.....I love it. You can get alot of support. Add me as a friend if you would like : )

Christine.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is very supportive and keeps me motivated to keep on making the right choices. Without MFP I would have never been able to lose the 25 pounds that I have already lost. It took me two months to lose 6 pounds before MFP!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I've been here just under a month and I have found the food counter as well as exercise counters to be very accurate. The plan it sets up for you according to your goals has been spot on! And of course the support has probably been the largest part of my success. There are some great people on here! Good luck to you, and add me as a friend if you would like....
  • Chocoholic72
    Chocoholic72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HELLO!!! this is my first time on a diet....its much harder than I ever imagined....I can no longer criticize people who are overweight or dieting....especially since as you can see from my name....I am a chocoholic.....i can eat a pound of chocolate in one day with my daily 64 ounces of water to go with it and no other food....the reason why I have gained weight was because I had hurt my back months ago, and after 3 months of laying on the couch in sweat pants and eating chocolate ice cream, oreo cookies and candy most of the time, I got back to work and realized that my work uniforms did not fit...thats when I got on the scale and saw the extra pounds....
  • Fancyfit
    Options
    You have come to the right place. Before you know it you will get a little network of friends to help and encourage you as you journey toward your goal. I'll be one of your MFP if you invite me.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard. mfp has been an eye opener to me. nice folks here as well.
  • njw1255
    Options
    A co-worker also recommended this site to me. I can see why she likes it. I'm just starting on my journey to lose the weight and my fitness pal will help me reach my goals. It'll be nice to reach out to others and get encouragement. Thanks.
  • rokikio
    Options
    Welcome to this site. It is a blessing! The people on this site are wonderful. They give you praise and help motivate you. Plus this site is so easy to use.

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss goals!