skinnytaste

Options
2»

Replies

• ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm making her Chicken Francese tonight for about the 5th time. SO yummy! My favorite from her site is her Chicken Parm, though. Hmm...I might just make that instead. :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe is the Italian turkey meatballs and marinara. Delish!

This is a favorite in our house too!! So good!!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Everything I've made off Gina's site is AWESOME!!! I would maybe start with a chicken recipe. I LOVE the jalapeno popper stuffed chicken (this is a little more entailed and will take time, but totally worth it) and the honey sesame crockpot chicken (plus it's a crockpot recipe so it's oober easy!) Just pick one, you won't be disappointed! :happy:

Ohhh yes, I made this - it is delicious!!! All of the chicken "rollatinis" she makes have turned out well for me. The one with zucchini and mozzarella actually got rave review from my whole family, including my extremely critical younger brother.

I'm making the sausage and farro stuffed acorn squash tonight and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
  • nothinfancyreally
    Options
    I love Gina. Everything, and I mean everything I've made from her site has been DE-licious. My favourite is the walnut banana bread, I love her PB & J cookies, the no-bake fudgy snowballs, baked bananas, broccoli and cauliflower salad ... She is just the best - I love that she keeps it simple & healthy, and with so little ingredients as well!
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie is out of this world!
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've made the low fat banana nut bread, turkey stuffed peppers, turkey meatloaf, chicken cordon bleu, buffalo stuffed chicken... all delicious.

That raspberry/chocolate cheesecake was very meh though.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe was the one she did for Target: http://www.abullseyeview.com/2013/05/target-recipe-gina-homolka-skinnytaste-grilled-thai-sweet-spicy-shrimp-pizza/

Grilled Thai Sweet Spicy Shrimp Pizza. (: I baked it because I don't have a grill, but it still turned out amazing.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Crockpot picadillo and the Asian pork. Both were great!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I just made the chicken rollatini the other night and it was really good.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I love love love the spinach lasagna rolls, but my husband and I make them with like 1/6 of the suggested sauce amount and a lot less cheese. Not just because we're trying to eat lighter, but because that is how we really prefer it. Delicious...even my mom who is Italian American and not a particularly healthy eater or spinach fan, loves them!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I love love love the spinach lasagna rolls, but my husband and I make them with like 1/6 of the suggested sauce amount and a lot less cheese. Not just because we're trying to eat lighter, but because that is how we really prefer it. Delicious...even my mom who is Italian American and not a particularly healthy eater or spinach fan, loves them!

I think I've asked this on another thread but when you do those lasagna rolls, is it difficult to get the filling to stay inside the roll? I've all but given up boiling lasagna noodles for traditional lasagna because the no boil stuff works pretty well and I just hate dealing with those big wet noodles. I've always been intimidated to try one of these recipes with the rolls because it just seems like it would be a pain. I'm intrigued though!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I think I've asked this on another thread but when you do those lasagna rolls, is it difficult to get the filling to stay inside the roll? I've all but given up boiling lasagna noodles for traditional lasagna because the no boil stuff works pretty well and I just hate dealing with those big wet noodles. I've always been intimidated to try one of these recipes with the rolls because it just seems like it would be a pain. I'm intrigued though!

Haha same. One of those dish I want to make but look like a major pain to separate a serving.
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Lentil Soup, Skinny Chicken Enchiladas (Watch the heat on these,) Santa Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers, Cajun Chicken Pasta on the Lighter Side...:love:
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I make her recipes all the time! There are only a few that I haven't cared for. The Swedish Meatballs are one of my family's favorites. Also the Asian Turkey Meatballs (although I use beef) are amazing! Both of these are kinda PITA, but definitely worth the time!
  • amydee706
    Options

I also really like the baked pasta with spinach and italian sausage. Very tasty.

I made this one a few weeks ago and it was really good! Want to try the sweet potato shephard's pie.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love all the different breads (banana strawberry ,and applesauce bread etc.. ).Lemony tortillini bake is so awesome ,i made some soups and loved them.Leek and potato soup and stuffed pepper soup.