panicking

Options
I just ate a piece of brioche and 8 chocolate buttons and 90g of popcorn bc we had stuff left over from seeing the hobbit

how can I overcome this? i'm gonna be 600+ cals over goal..

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    600 cals worth of exercise. or chalk it up to a day at maintenance...

either way, its certainly not anything to panic over.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    Theoretically it takes 3500 calories to gain 1lbs. Now this number is a pretty rough estimate, but it's not a bad way to look at it.

Don't stress the 600 calories, you didn't become overweight by eating 600 calories more one day you did it by eating 600 calories to much every day. Get back on track tomorrow and I hope you enjoyed the chocolate, because it is delicious.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    YOLO!

eat less or on maintenance the next few days. 1 day of overeating wont gain you pounds.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't panic! You are going to be fine! Don't "do" anything, you'll just set yourself up for obsessive behaviors. Just move on.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Time to break out the sweatpants!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Don't panic. Log it first and then see where you're at. Then exercise the calories off, or just treat it as a bad day and start again tomorrow. You won't have gained as you need to eat 3500 calories to gain.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Take it for what it is and move on. I had a bad day yesterday too but hit the gym this morning and starting over with healthy eating. :laugh:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Mmm popcorn
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Edit: I really think that you need to re-evaluate your MFP settings. A daily goal of 750 calories net is, IMO, way too low to obtain adequate nutrition and lose weight healthily unless you are under the supervision of a medical professional.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    As the others said, 600 cal is not worth stressing yourself out over. And congratulations for meeting your first hurdle in this marathon - we all have to deal with this stuff, especially around the holidays.

Even if it was 1500 or 3000 cal too much, It's done and you can't go back and change it so stop wasting your time and energy freaking out about it. Instead, think about how you could've done better (get the food out of the house - bring to work, neighbors, friends or even throw it out) and make a mental note to put those behaviors in practice next time.

In the meantime, get some extra calorie burn in to make up the difference.

ETA: what chezjuan said too. Even if the low calorie goal is under medical supervision, this kind of restriction can be the very cause of binges, IMO and experience. Please give more consideration to your health and well being.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    ??? Relax and enjoy the extra calories for a change. So long as your regularly at a deficit, there's nothing wrong to go over every now and then. Shoot, I'm taking this whole quarter off my deficit to that I can eat all the holiday food I want :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Second is to realize why you ate it. Are you hungry? You didn't eat it because it was there.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Stop stressing...it's probably doing more harm to your fat loss capabilities than eating the food did...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Um, what?

How old are you, what's your starting weight, and what's your goal weight?

600 calories over goal? Do you mean maybe hitting your BMR for once, because your diary's flat out dangerous.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    All of the above, but, most importantly....did you enjoy the movie? :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Edit: I really think that you need to re-evaluate your MFP settings. A daily goal of 750 calories net is, IMO, way too low to obtain adequate nutrition and lose weight healthily unless you are under the supervision of a medical professional.

the what now?!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    YOLO!

dont-you-say-that-gif.gif
    enough-internet-cat.gif
  • Frankii_x
    Options
    Um, what?

How old are you, what's your starting weight, and what's your goal weight?

600 calories over goal? Do you mean maybe hitting your BMR for once, because your diary's flat out dangerous.

^^^ This. Restricting your calorie intake to 750 cals a day is quite worrying. Don't associate food with 'guilt' and 'panic'. You need food to fuel your body, you wouldn't run a car on empty. x
  • LillyPandme
    Options
    I'm not sure how others feel about this, but sometimes when I have splurged on a day (Halloween for instance), I go into the "future" food diaries for that week and break up the extra calories into 100 calorie (or so) bits and log them in the snack section for however many days of calories I overate . (ie if I overate 500 calories, I would go into the future for 5 days subtracting off 100 calories as snacks each day.) This keeps my weekly total the same, but requires a 100 calorie "sacrifice" each day in the future for the overeating that I did "back when".

Use this technique very sparingly, however.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

^^This! Your calorie count is too low as it is. Where are the fruits and veggies - the protein???