Healthy Breakfast Ideas...

Options
In need of some healthy breakfast ideas that are good for on the go...I'm not a morning person most days, and something easy to prepare would be ideal lol! I'm trying to kick the "Go To Bagel" breakfast habit and would love some suggestions :smile:

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches on Sun and Wed nights. English muffin, egg (cooked in ramekin in oven), Sausage, bacon or canadian bacon, and a slice of cheese. Heated for a minute every morning and it's good to go.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Water
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I do either steel cut oats or quick oats mixed with greek yogurt or greek yogurt mixed with chocolate whey protein and a banana.
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I can fry an egg in 5 - 7 mins. If I'm in a hurry I cook the yolk solid and throw it in a piece of toast, fold it up and eat it with one hand in the car. :drinker: :laugh: :heart: :glasses::flowerforyou:
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats, especially because you prepare them the night before and all you have to do is grab them from the fridge, stir in your toppings, and eat! My favourite way to do it is to mix oats with Greek yoghurt, only a splash of almond milk (I like mine to be really thick!), banana, and cinnamon, then leave in the fridge overnight and stir in frozen berries and maybe some almonds the next morning. If you do a Google search for overnight oats, you'll get thousands of ideas for flavour combinations, though!
  • TpocketT60
    TpocketT60 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Omelettes are my favorite. They really do not take very long to make either, and if you want to be really healthy you can just use egg whites. Keep a stock of diced veggies and throw em in there with a little cheese, heavenly.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Keep a stash of hardboiled eggs and instant oatmeal packets (or pre-measured bulk oats; nuke them just like instant). Or have a small apple and an ounce of nuts.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats, especially because you prepare them the night before and all you have to do is grab them from the fridge, stir in your toppings, and eat! My favourite way to do it is to mix oats with Greek yoghurt, only a splash of almond milk (I like mine to be really thick!), banana, and cinnamon, then leave in the fridge overnight and stir in frozen berries and maybe some almonds the next morning. If you do a Google search for overnight oats, you'll get thousands of ideas for flavour combinations, though!

I LOVE overnight oatmeal! I've tried heaps of combinations and loved them all, but my favorite is definitely almonds, apple and cinnamon. Higher in the calories but breakfast is my biggest meal of the day :smile:
  • cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What is overnight oatmeal?

I have been eating weetabix (mainly as by 11 month old boy likes them too)

2 "bisks" and some milk..bosh - made and eaten in 2 mnutes flat.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter on toast
    Large Banana
    Large Apple
    Instant Oatmeal
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Protein Shake
    Smoothie
    Toast with some butter and jam (mmmmm)
    Toast with nutella :):):)
    Cereal (eating through 1 serving takes me about 2-5 minutes)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I made "pumpkin pie" for breakfast this morning...

1/2c cottage cheese
    1/2c pumpkin puree
    honey
    pumpkin pie spice

mix it up.. eat whenever you have time.

yum!

I make shakes
    eggs
    fruit
    fruit salad
    last night dinner heated up
    salad
    assorted veggies with dip or dip free

Anything really..
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Separate 2 yolks. Place yolks in 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Add cocoa powder. Shake. Drink.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg and a piece of fruit are my go to when I am on the run
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a bagel? I sometimes eat a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and jelly or cream cheese. I like to make whole wheat chocolate chip muffins one day a week and eat those as breakfast or a snack.
  • linuxdba
    Options
    I have to get my kids off in the morning for school, so I am up at 05:15, but wind up only having a few minutes for breakfast, so I eat three links of jimmy Dean Turkey sausage and some organic high fiber oatmeal (Quaker has an instant high fiber that is good as well) The sausage takes 40 seconds in the microwave and the oatmeal one minute. It is a bit high on the sugars, but it keeps me until lunch.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I mixed 1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt this morning with 2 scoops banana whey protein.
    320 calories - 17 carbs, 2 fat, 60 protein.

Tasted great. Breakfast took less than 60 seconds to prepare.
  • ahughes47129
    Options
    bump! such great ideas!
    I usually eat an english muffin and then either a slice of cheese or if I have time and egg white on top
    thinking I may try some overnight oats though
  • waytogoraus
    Options
    I usually have 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with some honey and a 1/2 cup of blueberries. It's delicious and filling without being too heavy. I luckily don't have to have breakfast on the go so I make it every morning, but I suppose to make it easier you could put pre-measured portions in tupperware for the week.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I had 6oz cup(individual size) of fage total 0 and half banana. You can take that to go.

Normally I would have a whey protein smoothie with strawberries, bananas, and some green leaf veggie(kale, spinach, mustard greens) but ninja is broke. You can take the smoothie to go as well.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and oats are good. I usually just do cereal and milk because I start right off and need the carbs to get me going, but bacon and eggs are also not too bad. Quality turkey bacon is good, we have a nice local source that makes AWESOME turkey.

Fruit, nuts, yogurt. Oatmeal is great! A big tub of the instant oats with dried fruit [cranberries!] and extra water can nuke quick and makes for a great start. Also overnight oats. I had a small crockpot that I used to use for that, like $20 at target and it's the perfect size for it. Just make sure you use the steel-cut oats for it, makes a big difference!