Workout partner

Options
Do you guys workout alone for the most part? Or do you have a partner? I workout 7 days a week and always workout alone but sometimes I really wish I had a workout partner!

Replies

• gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I run, MetabolicMelissa, and have found that it works best for me that way. If I were to lift, and partner would be great, IMHO.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm a loner.
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always end up working out alone, mainly because my work schedule is so odd compared to the rest of the world. I stick to hiking, skiing, and running for outdoor cardio workouts and i have a gym in my basement for weight days.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    The majority of my workouts right now are classes or small group training sessions. It motivates me and pushes me harder then I tend to do alone.
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lift on the weekends after I do my cardio and often wish I had someone there with me!
  • splitaces
    Options
    Do you guys workout alone for the most part? Or do you have a partner? I workout 7 days a week and always workout alone but sometimes I really wish I had a workout partner!
    i go alone a lot because when i work out with a partner they tend to get me off task and to lose my workout focus
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a loner.

Me too, but I'm making friends at my gym, so I can always ask for help or a spot.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out with my wife, but usually I am alone.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I prefer for people to not bother me. My husband and I go separate times during the week, but on the weekends we go together - after our 4 min warm-up, we don't really acknowledge the other one is there until we are done.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    i lift with a partner 2 days a week and solo one day
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    At the gym doing weights, I prefer to be alone. That way I can get done quicker.

If I'm going for a bike ride, I prefer to go with a few friends if they can keep up, otherwise, I'd rather do that alone as well.

And I shouldn't say alone...I always have some tunes keeping me company.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I always work out on my own, I do enjoy just being by myself, switched off to the world with my headphones in. And sometimes I just need to visit the gym for that stress relief and get away from everyone/thing.

Saying this, I would quite like to have a training partner some days as I think I would be able to push myself harder with the help of a spotter.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I prefer to workout alone..... I zone out everything around me and am in my own little world.. lol Now I have been at my gym for 4 years and the regulars know if they need a spot come get me and vise versa but I am a loner.... :glasses:
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am too a loner.. I wish I have someone I can get some motivations but even my own husband... nadda! he just want to play with his playstation rather that working out with me.. :sad:
  • teaparty75
    Options
    sadly i've been alone ....my workout buddy's schedule changed....i do get done quicker but it was so much more fun when i had a buddy - thank goodness for headphones and Beyonce's new music !!! LOL

i JUST told my boyfriend that he "didn't need a partner" "suck it up and just do it" ...a partner will fall into place if he would establish a set time !! LOL so insensitive
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I've been a loner for a while but I don't mind if my friends join me.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i prefer to do cardio alone. i like to put my headphones in and just get it on. i do have a friend that likes to come with me somedays and it is nice (as long as she puts her headphones in too and doesnt want to chat it up) however i do like her there when we are doing weights. much more than when im by myself.
  • MSRunner23
    Options
    Loner here as well. I run and workout alone.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Loner with my music. Like it that way. ????????????
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I have a lifting buddy, he's about 90% reliable, My wife also joins me when she can. There are a few days when I'm alone, just means I skip the bench and do more deads and squats, which is just fine by me.

Rigger