Hoping to Lose 60- 70lbs by Mid-July

Options
2»

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Food Scales are pretty inexpensive you can get a digital one for under $20. It will help a lot. But if you can't afford it at the moment definitely go on the side of caution with portions because we usually give ourselves way more than a portion.

When you exercise do you use MFP to say how much you burned? If you do you may want to only eat back about 1/2 of the calorie burn because MFP is a little too generous.

LOG EVERYTHING! and I repeat LOG EVERYTHING you eat drink etc. If you cook with oil LOG it. If you add milk to your coffee LOG it. Those little things will add up and eat away at your deficit.

For calorie counting to work you must be 100% honest with yourself, cause the only one its hurting if you are not is YOU.

Good luck

Just realized what MFP is , sorry too new for acronyms i guess.
    But I appreciate your help and everybody's input.
    Looks like I have a lot of things I can improve on if I want to lose more weight.
    I will walk more, watch what I eat and drink more water just for starters

Keep it simple, start by logging everything. Don't get overwhelmed with all the advice.

Losing weight is all about math, and hard work. Definitely don't over think it. If you need anything ask.

Look around the forums you will read lots of good advice, some not so good. Start educating yourself.
  • Sashasoslim
    Sashasoslim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Start with the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and then move on to the 72 Day and so on. Meal and exercise plan provided.

Don't follow this advice!

Seconded! In fact, everything she said is perfect. Just keep at or under your calorie goal most days, eat back exercise calories and keep SLOWLY pushing your exercise goals over each month [go a bit further or faster].

Also seconding nerdfitness.com they have some great workout ideas if you don't have a gym.

Lastly, the best exercise if you have 50+ pounds to lose is WALKing. It's easy on your joints and will help your cardio a lot. Walk for an hour 4-5 days a week and you can get a ton more exercise, especially over different terrain [hills and trail hiking]. I suggest this because after you lose that 50+ pounds you'll have the same muscles and joints you had before, if not stronger, and they'll be able to handle jogging much easier so you'll have less chance of injury

I will check out the site! Thanks for your help as well!