Atkins 13 days of inductin inches lost

Options
Today I did my inches measurements. I have lost 8.7 inches and 0.69% body fat.

Neck 16/16

Upper arms 15/14.25

wrist 7/6.75

Bust 53/52.8

Under bust 44/42.75

Waist 44/43.5

Navel 54/51.25

Hips 56/55

Thighs 27.5/27

Calf 20.5/19.75

Ankle 11/ 10.25

Replies

• LBeth1015
    LBeth1015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You'll find a lot of people on here who don't subscribe to the LC lifestyle, but I say whatever works for you! Great job and keep up the good work. Those lost inches will definitely keep you motivated to keep going!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    subscribed...
  • LBeth1015
    LBeth1015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    subscribed...

:drinker: Drinkin the kool aid!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Well done!

Can someone please explain to me what inductin is? Thanks
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs( 20 carbs max)
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The first week is brutal until you get in the swing of things.

The rules for induction:
    Eat either three regular-size meals a day or four or five smaller meals. Do not skip meals or go more than six waking hours without eating.
    1. Eat liberally of combinations of fat and protein in the form of poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs and red meat, as well as pure, natural fat in the form of butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, safflower, sunflower and other vegetable oils (preferably expeller-pressed or cold-pressed).
    2. Eat no more than 20 grams a day of carbohydrate, at least 12 – 15 grams of which must come in the form of salad greens and other vegetables. (see Acceptable Foods).
    3. Eat absolutely no fruit, bread, pasta, grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter. Do not eat nuts or seeds in the first two weeks. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates, such as chickpeas, kidney beans and other legumes, are not permitted at this time. If you feel you must eat bread or some other grain product, only high fiber low-carb products with 3 net carbs or less per serving are allowed, and you can eat only one serving a day. Be aware that even that amount may slow or stall your progress, and if that happens, drop the product immediately.
    4. Eat nothing that isn't on the Acceptable Foods list. And that means absolutely nothing. Your "just this one taste won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of failure during this phase of Atkins.
  • Vbnghy
    Vbnghy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I felt my best doing the Atkins diet years ago - no IBS and plenty energy along with the weight loss. I enjoyed shopping in the aisles that didn't have all the gaudy packaging - just real food.

I am just about to start it again and hope for support here.

Of course there are people who disagree with this approach.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Cool, my fiance is following something quite similar to this.

Me personnaly I llie my vegies and fruit and prefer to eat like a normal person as for me I don't find this method maintainable.

But everyone is different and if your getting results and happy to eat this way then it's awesome and hope you keep at it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!