Shooting to lose 80lbs by April 21st! Who's with me?

124»

Replies

• That's not gonna really work out for you! But if your incentive is to just "look good" by April 21st, then I would suggest you do some weight training. That helped me a lot! I only lost 5lbs (since I started), but I look so much different (IMO) because it was almost all fat! Sooo for looking good, I'd recommend that you do 30DS and then work your way up to Insanity. But just losing 80lbs? That's probably not going to happen unless you starve yourself. I will add you though, since i like giving people a chance! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Ive lost 39 in 4 months.

80 sounds pretty unrealistic.

Clean eating is the way i go. Cut out carbs and sugars- obviously not all. Anything that comes prepackaged is probably not good for you ex cakes, snacks ect... Cut out salts, frozen meet also contains a high salt intake...i guess thats how it stays good for so long. And i am not talking about food you freeze yourself. Try to prepare food in advance that way you have it ready and no need to eat out.

I find county calories nearly impossible. Different portions have a different colorie intake. So for me it does not work :)

Good luck on your journey

:huh:

That is the whole idea of counting calories.

So...basically you are eating less (aka eating at a calorie deficit). Since the calorie counting tool allows you to track your calorie intake, not sure how it couldn't work for you unless you just weren't logging everything everyday.
  • thebeautybeneath
    thebeautybeneath Posts: 62 Member
    I'm new on fitness pal, feel free to add me. I am looking to lose 50 by June. My pace is.a little slower but we can encourage on another.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I'm new on fitness pal, feel free to add me. I am looking to lose 50 by June. My pace is.a little slower but we can encourage on another.

If this happens, the first thing you should encourage her to do is to track her food accurately and consistently.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Hello (: As you have probably read, I'm trying to lose 80 lbs by April 21st, I begin the diet tomorrow, December 18th.
    I just joined MFP and I'm hoping to make friends to help me stay on track (:
    Feel free to add your diet goals below and add me as a friend (:
    Even better if we have similar stats or if you log in daily (:
    Thanks!

Your expectation of losing 80 pounds by April 21 is totally unrealistic. That is almost five pounds a week.

Since you have a lot to lose I suggest you set your goals up in MFP to lose 2 pounds per week.
  • chrisram88
    chrisram88 Posts: 43 Member
    The one thing i have learned in the 15 days being in mfp is to not set a time but a goal! instead of 80 by april, why not 80 total
    no matter how long it takes!

good luck!