DOES THIS EVER GET EASIER?

Options
2»

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    The only time I've felt deprived in the almost 3 years I have been here was the month I decided to try eating only 1200 calories. If you keep it simple, it will be easy.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Anything worth doing is never easy
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    I feel like this this is an everyday struggle and would love to know when it gets easier? is it like a smoker that even after they quit they always crave a smoke,,,, will I always feel deprived?
    I hate to pimp my own blog, but I wrote a pretty in depth blog post last month on how quitting smoking after 20 years actually helped me get into the correct mindset to get into better shape. I don't feel deprived at all, and don't crave cigarettes or food. You can read it here;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BokBagok/view/i-m-not-here-to-lose-weight-anymore-599084
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound negative or discouraging, but to me it kind of sounds like you are not mentally/emotionally ready for a big change.
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey OP,
    I'm also struggling at the moment. But I've done it before and it gets easier.
    Need a new friend or more support? I'm always open...add me!
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im struggling with this toooo... every day is a struggle! every social event is a guilt trip, every piece of chocolate is a fight with myself... etc. I sincerely hope it DOES get better!!! but keep in mind that - nothing easy is worth doing :)
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    once you passed the challenges, it will come easier. hang in their, stay positive and never quit!
    try skipping breakfast and eat on maintenance via MFP.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It was never hard for me in the first place. I didn't deprive myself of any of my favorite foods so there was nothing to miss. All I did was make sure I just ate smaller portions of the crap than I did before. I've been on maintenance for over two years now, and that's even easier than the losing part. (For me, anyway...) Just don't starve yourself or restrict your food choices too much and it should get easier and just become good habit to eat properly. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lmperfect
    Options
    It's just creating the habit that's hard,it usually takes me three days to get over it.Good luck!^-^
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Sadly, skinny people who were overweight report that the hunger doesn't go away. But there are things you can do to control it. Like finding filling foods that don't screw with your blood sugar, not keeping crap in the house, and as was already said, not associating food with rewards. So you're doing good with the finding substitutes thing, but don't expect to magically wake up some morning completely free of the urge to eat more calories than you need to maintain.