What's your plan for Christmas (or other holiday w/ food)?

Options
2»

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Every year, I see all my family on Christmas Eve, and every year I have a different theme and cook.....2 years ago it was seafood with mahi and salmon wraps, sushi, and shrimp cocktails (yes i live in FL by the way lol), last year it was my homemade mexican food, and this year my husband and I are making homemade Indian food for everyone, and I told my family if they dont want/like that they can pitch in and buy pizza lol.....I usually don't eat Christmas dinner, just a breakfast!....

and no by the way I don't stuff my face, but I dont really log anything either lol, i just drink up a lot of empty calories haha
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My parents are coming to visit me from IL (I live in TX) so I have total control of the menu :smokin: Aww yeah
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    That's a good plan. I am probably gonna eat till I burst.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    The only day I'm worried about is Christmas day. Other days I may have some treats, but I'll be at my mom's house for the week and I'll be able to make healthy food and eat small portions. On Christmas, I'll have very little control over my consumption because I'll be at my boyfriend's cousins' house. I'll bring some healthy snacks as a back-up in case there isn't much for me to eat (especially since I can't have dairy), but I'll have some of my favorite treats in moderation.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I will go on a 100km ride the day before christmas... then eat until everything I want (probably just stupid amounts of seafood and christmas pudding) until I explode.

Good times :)
  • Matt24442
    Options
    I don't plan on denying myself but I won't full out embarrass myself shoveling food in my mouth like I am cookie monster and haven't eaten all year...he he

beg to differ
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    hoping to maintain for the next week or so, still working out though. the treats are too yummy. christmas day i'll probably let myself eat whatever. I know I can get back into this after a "break" so I'm not too worried. :)
  • squirrel1691
    Options
    I am going to shovel food into my mouth until I vomit.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories to maintain today. I'm letting myself eat whatever I want, and up to a 3lb gain I will not stress. I still intend to log everything though, no matter how embarrassing.
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I will eat whatever I want, controling my portions and will exercise as usual but I'm not going to worry about counting calories or trying to hit my macros.

But I'm only spending 2 days with the family, the rest of the month I'll follow my routine as usual, I don't really crave christmas food.

overall this has been a very good december, the first one in my life where I'm not gaining weight. hehe
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    We should all worry more about what we eat the other 364 days of the year and not Christmas
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Portion control and logging. Will be weighing out the ham because OMG the sodium there! 4oz is 1050mg!!! That's like 2/3 the sodium I usually eat for the DAY! Otherwise I'm enjoying myself on my "see food" diet. I see food... I eat it and I log it =) If I want a roll with Butter... I'm having one! The only food I "Can't" have (ever) would be anything that will make me go for my epi-pen. So there's no reason to change that now.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Since weight lose, my stomach has shrunk considerably. Just can't eat the amounts I use to eat. That's good! I am going to eat what I want. Thanksgiving didn't kill me. Ate leftovers for a couple days after, including custard and sweet potatoe pie. After 4 days, the remaining half of the custard pie went in the garbage. I was the only one eating that. The sweet potatoe lasted 4 days, so I basically washed both pans at the same time. Used the remaining turkey to make whole wheat stuffing to put on eggplant medallions.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's going to be tough. Christmas Eve we're going to someone who always has a kind of buffet, so at least I'll be able to try and stay on track. Christmas day we're having two 'dinners', so it's going to be a riot. Plan is light breakfast (probably just two eggs with ham or something), but at least lunch is at noon so I won't be starving until dinner. It's in an assisted living place though so it probably won't be very rich either way. We'll see. Not going to sweat it for one day, I don't know if I will bother logging.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating everything in sight. At least I am being honest with myself!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Eating all the calories after I make some come hither eyes at it.