Over preparation?

Options
I may have gone a little nuts at the gym the past couple of days (I burned over 1000 calories on Friday and another 1000+ on Saturday), but now I don't feel so anxious about the food being served at my friend's wedding this afternoon. Does anyone else work out like crazy in preparation for events where they have no control over the food? I just want to be sure I'm not being too controlling of the situation and developing a bad or unhealthy habit of sorts....

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i do! If i know I am going out later that night, I will work out extra hard or longer so I do not feel bad for drinking or not eating as healthy.
  • pnesabrina
    pnesabrina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Totally. Even did it today. It does not solve it all, but at least minimizes damage...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    just the fact that you're thinking in terms of preparing for a large meal shows how much your thinking about food has changed. And that is AWESOME!
  • mommacarrie423
    Options
    I dont think there is such a thing as "over preparation"! And you didnt "go a little nuts" at the gym as long as you feel good about it. if you get too tired or feel "wrong" then stop working out. when i had my membership i worked out for 5 hours every sunday. my mom kept my daughter and it was my day off work, so the gym was my place for "me time".
    and, as lucky leprechaun said, it shows that your thinking has changed, and that is awesome!