45 pounds to loose, looking for weight loss buddies

Options
Hey everyone, a little about me, I'm 23 and have been struggling with my weight for years. I lost a good chunk of weight initially but have regained about thirty pounds. My husband and I are starting to try for kids and I'd really like to loose the weight before I get pregnant because I know it will make it a lot easier in the long run. I'm tired of struggling and making excuses and watching the weight creep back on, I'm ready to buckle down. I'm hoping that keeping up with you all will keep me honest and help keep me on track, I'd love to have some quitrent logs buddies and hear their stories as well, it's always encouraging to have other people around going through the same things.

Replies

• trulyloveslife
    trulyloveslife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there........I am 52 years old, and have just had weight issues the past 15 years or so.....I was an athlete, always active, but then life, job, family, etc, happens, and then I put my needs at the bottom of the list......I would like to lose about 60 pounds, but I'm not looking at the overall amount that I want to lose, as that would be overwhelming....I am looking at short-term weekly goals that are achievable, like 1 pound per week......I can do that! With your motivation, I am sure that you will be successful, and we can cheer each other along...................Toni
  • heavenslove
    heavenslove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That sounds great :) your right, it can be pretty overwealming when you try to take it all in. A weekly goal is great, I just tend to get disapointed when I don't make it, my weight yoyos a lot
  • heavenslove
    heavenslove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, did alright today, work provided subway for lunch so I did fudge a little, but overall not too bad ????????????????
  • celindaasmith
    celindaasmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends. I have always struggled. I just got back on MFP and I'm searching for positive solid weight loss buddies. I have 25 ills to go. Celinda
  • badatgyu
    badatgyu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have about 60lbs left to go myself, feel free to add me! I'm going to be getting married next June, so I'm trying to lose the weight before the wedding and before our own baby attempts... so we're in the same boat. Let's do this together! :)
  • mssexyt1
    mssexyt1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm in looking at dropping 45 lbs too, would love to do it by 1 Apr lol. My goals are losing on average 3lbs a week. I would love to support you all during them time and visa versa.

Tewanda
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    All the best with that!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I will be 25 this Sunday and my initial weight loss goal was 40-45 pounds, I'm down just shy of 14 right now. I'm hoping to be at my goal by August. Although I would love to just drop the weight this second, I want to still enjoy myself so I'm okay with slow, steady loss. I try to support people anytime I can. I think having supportive friends on here makes the whole journey that much easier so please feel free to add me! I'm always looking for supportive people with simlar goals. Together we can do this!
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey there :-) Feel free to add me, I am 21 from Scotland - I have lost 17lb's approx so far! And still looking to lose about another 30lb - ultimately!!! xxx
  • labberto
    labberto Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would like a buddy too, I have around 47lbs to lose, ive just had a baby (shes 5.5weeks old) through ivf- I lost 23lbs before I got pregnant and would definitely recommend weight loss prior to getting pregnant (I put on 4 stone!!!!) ;/.... atm im no longer breast feeding so able to diet and the Cambridge diet helped me kick start it, I didn't follow it strictly hence why it took a good 3-4 months to lose 23lbs... im ready to start trying to get my body back- I also had a C-section so have to take it steady as far as exercise is concerned atm but my body is very squisy and would love to get some tone back, I would like to lose the majority by august as that's when I go back to work.....
    Good luck all... Louise xx
  • addokai
    addokai Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. have about 40lbs to go
  • Queen8shaq
    Options
    I have 49 more pounds to go, myself. Feel free to add me.
  • JCYarbs
    JCYarbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lots of weight to lose but need connection to make it happen. I'm looking for 60 but I know I need to double it. Too scared to consider that high of a goal.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    We are in simular situations. I have always been chubby and have struggled with weight most of my life. 3 years ago I met my now husband. When we began dating, our bad eating habits rubbed off on each other - we ate out a lot and had a lot more desserts (I like to bake and I finally had someone to bake for). A little more than a year later we were living together and had gotten engaged. We had both gained weight in that first year or our relationship and were having a hard time fitting into our clothes. I joined Weight Watchers in April 2012 at 230 lbs and was a member for 3 months, but stayed with the program for more than 6 months. I managed to lose close to 40 pounds (weighed around 192). I maintained that 40 pounds loss (with a fair amount of fluctuation around the holidays). After our wedding in May, I started slipping and gaining the weight back. I got active with MFP over the summer and got back to my wedding weight, but didn't lose. By the end of summer I had fallen off the wagon and was gaining weight back. Earlier this month, I got on the scale for the first time in months and was sad to see 208.8 (I was also really bloated that day due to a birth control issue). I have been active since. The bloat has gone away and I have been watching calories, so I have an impressive 9.2 pound loss over 2 weeks.

My husband and I want to have kids soon, so I really want to develop healthy habits that I can maintain through pregnancy and beyond.
  • ltho33
    ltho33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I want to lose about 60lbs to get back to where I used to be. I am looking to lose about 2lbs a week. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding at the end of June and want to look good! I was in a couple weddings last summer and felt just awful because I was so overweight. I need to change and hopefully having some buddies with MFP will help me stay motivated. I am at 225 right now because I gained a ton of weight, mainly just last year.
  • youcrazything
    youcrazything Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 27, and have been working to lose weight since August 2012. I have lost almost 70 lbs so far and still have another 40-45 to go. I slacked off for a few months and am just now becoming active on MFP again. I lost track of my old friends and am looking to add some new ones as well. Feel free to add me!
  • takedaparnell
    Options
    I'd love to join your group! I'm 23 and REFUSE to buy a size 20 jeans...and I'm so close that it's scary! Weight has always been an issue for me but now I'm determined! I weighed in this morning 6 pounds lighter than I was 10 days ago! I know that 's dramatic and a lot of it is probably water weight but I'm still excited. Myfitnesspal has made this journey sooo much easier and I'm doing a pretty simple 30 day fitness challenge!
  • OpheliaCrump
    OpheliaCrump Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a little older than you and have about 50 lbs to lose. When I quit smoking 16 years ago this week (!) I started eating, mainly crap and everything that was bad for me. I joined Weight Watchers and became a Lifetime member but couldn't sustain the loss in the wake of meeting my second husband and all those dinners out. So now I am facing the home stretch and feel awful.

So I'd like to share inspiration, stories and secrets with someone closer to my age. I did have a major epiphany this week after watching The Fifth Estate on Sunday ~ the whole hour was spent on sugar. So I decided to give up refined sugar ~ not fruit, but mainly the processed junk ~ chocolate bars and jujubes for a start. Since Monday I have lost 1.6 lbs and that's ALL I did. Small change but showing results. I'm going to do this for a month and see how that one small change affects my weight.

What are your weaknesses?
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40#. I was doing good with the MFP this summer then this fall I stopped and I've gained back all that I lost PLUS another 10#. I don't eat right, never eat breakfast, never find time to exercise and it's REALLY starting to show. At 55, I'm at 194 and the heaviest I've ever been in my life! Feeling miserable and wanting to make a change. Please add me if you can relate! I need to know this will work!
  • margaretlouise123
    margaretlouise123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi... im 23 also trying to lose weight before me and hubby trys for a baby iv been over weight for the last 3 years were I put on sooo much I have a long road ahead of me but a buddy or support would be great. ...:-)