What was your best age...

Options

Replies

• bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm 26. Every year is better than the last so I'm assuming it's going to be like 80 :D Seriously though I'm looking forward to being in my 30sish and having my crap figured out and starting a family. And then I'll probably be looking forward to retiring and getting the kids outta my house.

I was my thinnest at 16 but I starved myself to get there. While I have some poundage to lose I'd say I currently have the best relationship with food and exercise that I've ever had. The aesthetics will come. I was in my best shape about a year and a half ago when I was doing hard labor for 12 hour days, 6-7 days a week, and really stressed out and I'd rather not go back to that...
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    38-40. :smokin:
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Physically - 20. I could run very fast and far, throw crazy weights around in the gym, drink all night and still workout the next day, eat what I wanted without getting fat, and felt I was indestructible.

Mentally - Now. More mature, worldly, financially stable, somewhat wise, somewhat patient, nicer, more empathetic, more philosophical, and less impulsive.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Right now in my 30's. I know who I am, what I want, am confident in myself, as compared to when I was younger and floundering through life somewhat.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My body was best around 18-20...150 pounds. But I was so so poor and girlfriend-less. You couldn't PAY me to go back there.

Loving my wife and son (even I'm still pretty poor). I can always lose weight...the other stuff is priceless.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Right frikking now at 45. ;)
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Now!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with myself right now. Doing well in my marriage, career, improving my health and fitness, becoming more mature and all that. Feel like I'm finally getting my *kitten* togeter, KWIM?

Ten years or so ago, I would've answered 17 - it was a crazy but good year for me.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. Physically, I don't have a best age because I was actually in shape up until 2009, gained a little wait in 2010, and got back in shape briefly in 2011 before I went off the rails altogether and gained the 40 pounds I'm attempting to lose now.

With that being said, if I had a gun to my head, I guess I'd pick my mid 20s. I had more energy than I realized at the time and didn't have to work nearly as hard to stay in shape. It takes effort now and it's not fair. :sad:
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I remember the summer when I was 18 as being a pretty damn good time. I worked close to the beach, I just started dating this hot little cheerleader (who would later become my wife), and I was driving a nice new car.... and life was just good.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    Late 20s, early 30s, I was HOT. Know it now, didn't know it then, I ignored flawless skin and long legs and moaned that I was a 36C and wanted bigger boobs, never measured up to hubby's "Playboy" busty blondes. Stupid. I look back at photos from that time and say to myself, "You were a fool".

I know the feeling! Why couldnt we just enjoyed the moment, ! But, hey we have today! :)
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    Right now. At 47 I'm in the best shape of my life and can appreciate all the gifts of health and family so much more. I'd love to turn back the clock to 25 so I could school my younger self... cool topic OP!

Super! Thanks for the feedback!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Right now. I'm 29 and reached my goal weight last year. I was overweight as a teenager and most of my 20s. Even last year despite being at my goal weight, I still had no confidence. This year I've completely changed. I'm happier and more confident than I've ever. 2013 has been the year for me. And it's not ever yet :smile: :drinker:
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    When I turned 18 BEFORE I got pregnant!! I'd say now at 38 I am on my way to a better body than it was then. Might not be as youthful but I am aiming for stronger and leaner.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Appearance only...25.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    Appearance only...25.

Oh that was a great age too! Had so much funnnnnnnnnn
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Physically: Age 20

Mentally: Age 33

Emotionally: Right now.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I was thin for 33 years. bahhhhhh
    But I love my brain now, not back in my youth.
  • Ozzzy66
    Ozzzy66 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Body wise 23, 5' 8", 186 pounds with a 32" waist. I was lifting weights like a mad man. I am real happy with everything now. I have a great wife and 5 year old twins. I still work for the same company but I make a lot more money now. I just need to get back to that 23 year old body again if I can.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I am looking back at photos, and I have to say my age was 23, my body was in the best shape. If you could go back in time or ?? not, what age would you go back to? Or , could be a future age?

dammit I was gonna say 23 also