Therapy for overeating?

Options
I hear a lot of people say to those who overeat to get therapy, or go to Overeaters Anonymous meetings. Does therapy really help? Do some people feel they over eat due to some underlying problem? Maybe something horrible that happened to them? What if nothing has happened to them?

I'm just trying to figure out what makes some of us over eat and I'm not referring to having two slices of pizza in stead of one. I'm referring to eating all day long, whether you're hungry or not.

Is there a difference of overeating regular foods vs sweets?

I would love to get into the minds of some people and make them realize the power they have over their thoughts.

Replies

• jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So I'm guessing that nobody here receives any therapy for over eating?
  • FedUpFattie
    Options
    I go to therapy for my Binge Eating Disorder, and I have found it incredibly helpful. Within about three months my bingeing behavior was almost non-existent, and I currently haven't had a binge in over 6 months. It is extremely helpful, even if you do not have a classified disorder. Make sure when you are looking for a therapist you find one that specializes in eating disorders, as they have more knowledge on how to treat you than someone who does not.

If you feel you need therapy, go for it. Only good can come out of it. :)