Anyone know an absolutely AMAZING butt toning workout?

Options
Hey everyone.. one of my problem spots happens to be my booty.. :/
I know the basic butt toning workouts (i.e. squats, toe touches, etc.) But i never see any WOAH results.
I was wondering if anyone has a specific workout that has worked great for them for toning and tightening they're behind!
Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I take barre classes. They are amazing for your whole body, but my butt definitely perked up a ton with them. I get compliments all the time on it now. So, see if you have any barre classes offered in your area.
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    I've seen a number of ladies on here who've had some damn good results with Brett Contreras' Strong Curves.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift by beachbody.com......DVD comes with lots of workouts all designed to help the butt.....I have it and I love it...:)
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I remember reading when Jessica Simpson had to get into those daisy duke shorts, that she said she did so many lunges
    with weights that she could barely stand.. Lunges squats will do it.. Old 80s aerobics would probably do it also.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    Pause Squat, lunge, dead lift, barbell hip-thrust.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    There's a relatively new book with a workout program that has both a whole body and a lower body glute specific programs called Strong Curves.

I haven't tried that program but have started a schedule that I got off the Bodybuilding.com website which is glute and leg specific with some upper body thrown it. I add a bit more upper body to the program as I don't feel it's enough for me as is.

There are all kinds of programs online, and I'd say just make sure they incorporate deadlifts, squats, lunges, and hip thrusts at a weight that is as heavy for you with good form as you can go. :)
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Are you using weights with your squats and butt exercises?

Are you allowing your muscles to rest at least 24hrs?

I believe if you are not using weights then it will not really shape your behind.

And I believe if you are exercising the same muscle everyday you are not giving it time for muscles to rest and rebuild.

But, I could be wrong. I'm no expert. lol
  • cajun_qt
    Options
    yup.

Barbell Squats.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pp who said lunges, squats, etc with weights. Also deadlifts of all kinds, glute bridges with a weight on your lap. I don't do any program but weights, and I do lower body once, maybe twice per week.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    yup.

Barbell Squats.

Yes! Killer! lol
  • ctlee420
    Options
    Look up Bulgarian split squats! They are amazing for the booty!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I haven't sprung for the Strong Curves book, yet, but I've been adding glute bridges to my lower body day and have seen a pretty decent improvement in the crack in my back. :wink: I also do squats, and deads on my lower body days.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Try standing on one leg, reach down toward your step (or other prop) while doing a one legged squat. Your butt will begin to burn within the first few... repeat as often as you like. I just discovered this exercise and absolutely love what it does to my booty
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yup squats
  • abickford82
    Options
    I use BodyBeast's Leg workouts for my glutes. I engage the glutes more than the legs and do the workouts 2x a week (you have to lift heavy though in order to see great results). I also do extra weighted lunges (with an ez bar+ weights so I'm lunging 45lbs.), deadlifts (I can go as high as 95lbs. -- I just started so it's not as great as everyones deadlifts), and squatting...I usually go as heavy as 40lb. dumbbells. Can't do more than that at the present time unless I use an olympic sized bar.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats, weighted lunges, dead-lifts
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Was trying to post the picture of it but apparently I have no idea...

50 Squats
    30 Walking Lunges
    20 Jump Squats
    30 Side Lunges
    50 Bridges
    50 Glute Kickbacks

Repeat 3 times!

I did this on Monday... I'm still sore this morning lol!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.

This right here, you do squats and deadlifts twice a week and tell me you don't feel it every time you sit down to pee. Guaranteed results.

Rigger