Help! How do I get rid of stubborn belly fat and back rolls?

Options
I was hoping to get some more insight on how to get rid of my stubborn belly and back fat. I am new to Fitness Pal I have been logging for approximately 10 days now. So I am watching what I eat, I don't drink sodas, I workout 3-5x weekly to include classes at Gold's Gym (Body Attack, Body Combat, Body Pump & Body Step). My SW: 249 CW: 199 GW: 160. So I have come a long way I just cant seem to shake this other fat! Help my FP Community! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    No secret I'm afraid. You just need to continue to eat less than you burn. How are you calculating your burn for exercise. I've looked at your diary and it seems very high. Maybe you are over estimating it.
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i highly doubt she wants a magic answer. i think what she (and i) would like to know is: what kind of exercises are the best for poochy bellies and the shelf that sits on top of our butts (lower back)? i can find exercises targeted for abs, thighs, hips, arm, calves, etc. but what is that shelf considered and what movements are best to eliminate it. thanks.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get some more insight on how to get rid of my stubborn belly and back fat. I am new to Fitness Pal I have been logging for approximately 10 days now. So I am watching what I eat, I don't drink sodas, I workout 3-5x weekly to include classes at Gold's Gym (Body Attack, Body Combat, Body Pump & Body Step). My SW: 249 CW: 199 GW: 160. So I have come a long way I just cant seem to shake this other fat! Help my FP Community! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just lose the weight you have to lose. by your post, you still have about 40 pounds to lose. the general rul of thumb is the first place you gain will be the last place you lose.

so just keep doing what you're doing and see where you are the last 10 pounds.

and congrats on your loss so far
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i highly doubt she wants a magic answer. i think what she (and i) would like to know is: what kind of exercises are the best for poochy bellies and the shelf that sits on top of our butts (lower back)? i can find exercises targeted for abs, thighs, hips, arm, calves, etc. but what is that shelf considered and what movements are best to eliminate it. thanks.

you cant spot reduce fat
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Those exercises that target certain spots will not make the fat go away on those areas. The only way to lose fat is to burn more than you consume. You can do hundreds of crunches a day, and it will not make your stomach flatter. You have to get rid of the fat through a calorie deficit.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels does some exercises that target back. I am doing the 30 day slim down. And her no more trouble zones that you need for it. Should help with the back and stomach. It will just help tone those areas though along with others. So once you lose the fat they will look good.
  • Scottdgoodison
    Options
    One day at a time . Keep your journal here of what eat. Keep working on strengthening your core muscle groups. good luck
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Ain't gonna happen in 10 days. Patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    Toning will help. Use the weights. BodyPump is awesome.. try different weight levels and keep changing them to keep your body guessing.
  • RenaZ04
    RenaZ04 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON ALL THE AWESOME FEED BACK! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!:wink: