Replies

• MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @ Headingforhealthier's AMEN!!! :wink:
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21," also...I'm 5'2." Funny how YOURS appear normal, and mine do not. I'm also in a U.S. size 4/6 pants, but, apparently, I need to be a 0/2. :ohwell:

I don't think there's any "need" about it... And if I had 21" thighs, I would rejoice endlessly.

ETA: Comparing your thighs to someone else's is the best way to make you feel bad. :frown:

Just under 25inches here. But this ^^^ as other posters have said, you need to love yourself first. I rejoice in the changes my body has made instead of focusing on all the work that I still need to do. I love my developing abs, I love my happiness, my motivation to go to the gym, my ability to say no to food I don't want/need, my dedication to my diet, my fantastic sex life that improves with every kg lost!. And I only dropped 6kg (13lb).
    I have been slowly losing cm off my entire body, I measure religiously (probably too much) and love smaller sizes but also realise that as I have recently started cracking the weights that my measurements may get bigger before the fat starts burning away. You need to be realistic. If you have been. Pumping weights, doing squats, but not watching your diet, yours thighs will keep the fat and the muscle under will grow! Thus they will get bigger, over time the fat will disappear and you will see more toned pins.
    My suggestion focus on how far you have come, love that and don't worry on how much longer you have to go, too much pressure and you will crumble and give up
    Xx
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Mine are 23 inches, and I love them! I don't understand what your complaining about.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 22". And I think they're horrible; but not because of the size- but because they're still the part of my body holding most of the fat. If they were 22" of muscle i'd completely rock it!
    I don't mind if the size is "big" as long as they're strong and the body fat % VS muscle% of them is better!

Getting my heavy lifting on to get them Epic!
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    18.5", but I'm only 5'1" tall.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    26 inches the last time I measured...and I'm 5'6
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    5'6" with 22.5" and 22" thighs.
    I would like to slim them, because they look massive.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    28.5 inches here. They are stubborn! I run at least 2 miles most days. I think they will always be larger, but it's okay. I'm all about feeling good in my skin, and I feel better than I did 50 pounds ago!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go home and measure mine... I seriously couldn't even guess. :frown:

I am just glad they are smaller than they used to be! :wink:
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging anyone because I've been-there-done-that with this type of stuff but I'm telling you - the "size of your thighs" is the least of y'all's worries....

The problem here, is your image of yourself - not your thighs. I hear a lot of hatred, shame, and self-disgust in this thread. It's extremely sad to watch.

Here is a sad fact: You can work and work and work on your thighs, starve yourself, do a thousand leg presses, finally get down to that magic number of thigh-inches, even finally look like a supermodel....and guess what? You will STILL....hate your thighs.

Why? Because you didn't work on your head and you didn't work on your heart. Those two places are where EVERYTHING begins. Where EVERYTHING gets fixed. The smaller thighs are nothing but the icing on the cake.

My suggestion: Work on your self-image harder than you are on your thighs. Figure that out FIRST, lay the foundation of emotional health, and then watch yourself soar with happiness and healthiness as you whittle your body down to your goal weight/size.

Here's the magic of that: even if you don't achieve that "perfection" you dreamed of - you won't care... Because now you love yourself too much to be that hard on yourself, that perfectionistic, that critical. You'll give yourself grace, and you'll love the skin you're in.

THAT is the goal. :) I challenge you all to accept it!

It wasn't until I worked on my head that I was able to lose any weight. This IS the improved version of me. LOL!

Assuming that you had the same negative self-talk previously, how did you overcome it and learn to love your body?

Well excellent - then you are definitely making strides and are on your way!! I love it.

Yes, I had the same issue. And I have a feeling it'd creep up on me again if I let it, too! It's so insidious, this self-hatred!

When I reached my goal weight (Dec 2012), I was SO excited. But at the same time I was incredibly disappointed in how that little triangle of skin/fat above my belly button stuck out. Couldn't get rid of it (still can't). Or how the skin beneath the back of my butt wrinkles up now (extra skin). I still have arm flaps. I mean come on - I'm 42 years old and I topped out at 203 lbs at one point - there's bound to be extra skin now that I'm @ 125 lbs! LOL

This really grated on me for a couple weeks. Then it started to get unbearably miserable. I got angry. It seemed so unfair! I worked so hard, how could I look so "awful"?! I quickly realized I was getting into a mental danger zone of self-hatred and disgust and knew this wouldn't bode well for my state of well being.

How did I come to change this? Several things.

I expressed my frustration to trusted people - my friends, my parents, my boyfriend. All of them gave me good, healthy, sincere feedback on how wonderful I looked. They reminded me of what an accomplishment I'd just made happen. My boyfriend especially REALLY gave me good feedback with lots of "you are so beautiful's" and "you looked so great before but look at you now, you're healthy AND happy" and "I'm so proud to be with you" and stuff like that. I had to lean on other's perceptions of me for awhile (and when I say "others" I mean people who are NOT abusive - never listen to critical voices - END those relationships, especially if it's a boyfriend/girlfriend!).

I also had to humbly admit to myself that because I had made poor choices in the past, I was not going to be able to achieve that "perfect" body I'd had in college. I had to grieve this - like, meaning, grieve as if it's a death - and let it go. I had to say to myself, "well, this is what ya got to work with now - this is your "canvas" to paint on - so now you're gonna have to do the best you can with it!". This means, for me, continuing to eat well, logging my calories, and exercising several times a week to keep myself in good health/shape (i.e., as good of shape as I can get) - and then letting the rest go.

I had to implement positive self-talk in my head. The moment a thought came into my head that said, "hey, fatso, look at your stomach" or "hey, ugly - look at those nasty butt cheeks" I'd say, "SO WHAT? Huh? So what? Yeah - they're not perfect. But guess what? I lost SEVENTY frickin' pounds! I haven't eaten dessert for an entire year! I can now run a 5K when I'd never run a step in my life before that! I can fit into a size 4 petite jeans! I am intelligent, I am beautiful, I am funny, I am talented, and my family and friends love me. And you know what? I LOVE ME." I'd tell that nasty voice to get the hell outta my head and replace it with encouraging words for myself.

If this issue goes really really deep for yourself, you might even consider a little therapy. It'll do you a mountain of good. Or find books to read on this subject. Pursue health. Pursue strength. Pursue Love for yourself. Seek and ye shall find. Never give up. And eventually - the tide will turn. It takes time, effort, work and energy to overcome mental habits, negative self-talk, etc. It won't just happen magically. You have to "exercise" it - just like your thighs. :)

HOpe that helps.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21," also...I'm 5'2." Funny how YOURS appear normal, and mine do not. I'm also in a U.S. size 4/6 pants, but, apparently, I need to be a 0/2. :ohwell:

I don't think there's any "need" about it... And if I had 21" thighs, I would rejoice endlessly.

ETA: Comparing your thighs to someone else's is the best way to make you feel bad. :frown:

Just under 25inches here. But this ^^^ as other posters have said, you need to love yourself first. I rejoice in the changes my body has made instead of focusing on all the work that I still need to do. I love my developing abs, I love my happiness, my motivation to go to the gym, my ability to say no to food I don't want/need, my dedication to my diet, my fantastic sex life that improves with every kg lost!. And I only dropped 6kg (13lb).
    I have been slowly losing cm off my entire body, I measure religiously (probably too much) and love smaller sizes but also realise that as I have recently started cracking the weights that my measurements may get bigger before the fat starts burning away. You need to be realistic. If you have been. Pumping weights, doing squats, but not watching your diet, yours thighs will keep the fat and the muscle under will grow! Thus they will get bigger, over time the fat will disappear and you will see more toned pins.
    My suggestion focus on how far you have come, love that and don't worry on how much longer you have to go, too much pressure and you will crumble and give up
    Xx

I AM happy for how far I've come, and my thighs definitely look better. I'm more concerned with tone, now. I'm looking into starting a weightlifting program, now. (Got my books, got my mentors, and checked into gyms, today.) I think that taking a year to lose those last 10 lbs. has been a real problem for me. I just realized that I've been motivated and making genuine effort THAT LONG and not seeing the results that I want...hence, the need for exercise. Walking isn't enough. Been spinning these wheels too long. Additionally, my endocrinologist suspects hyperthyroid at play here, which I've been unwilling to consider. (I went to see him for mood issues.) I've been beating myself up over "eating so much," when, maybe, I really don't eat very much at all. The numbers/stats have me at an average of 1400/day calories for months, now, which isn't a crazy amount of food, is it?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging anyone because I've been-there-done-that with this type of stuff but I'm telling you - the "size of your thighs" is the least of y'all's worries....

The problem here, is your image of yourself - not your thighs. I hear a lot of hatred, shame, and self-disgust in this thread. It's extremely sad to watch.

Here is a sad fact: You can work and work and work on your thighs, starve yourself, do a thousand leg presses, finally get down to that magic number of thigh-inches, even finally look like a supermodel....and guess what? You will STILL....hate your thighs.

Why? Because you didn't work on your head and you didn't work on your heart. Those two places are where EVERYTHING begins. Where EVERYTHING gets fixed. The smaller thighs are nothing but the icing on the cake.

My suggestion: Work on your self-image harder than you are on your thighs. Figure that out FIRST, lay the foundation of emotional health, and then watch yourself soar with happiness and healthiness as you whittle your body down to your goal weight/size.

Here's the magic of that: even if you don't achieve that "perfection" you dreamed of - you won't care... Because now you love yourself too much to be that hard on yourself, that perfectionistic, that critical. You'll give yourself grace, and you'll love the skin you're in.

It wasn't until I worked on my head that I was able to lose any weight. This IS the improved version of me. LOL!

Assuming that you had the same negative self-talk previously, how did you overcome it and learn to love your body?

Well excellent - then you are definitely making strides and are on your way!! I love it.

Yes, I had the same issue. And I have a feeling it'd creep up on me again if I let it, too! It's so insidious, this self-hatred!

When I reached my goal weight (Dec 2012), I was SO excited. But at the same time I was incredibly disappointed in how that little triangle of skin/fat above my belly button stuck out. Couldn't get rid of it (still can't). Or how the skin beneath the back of my butt wrinkles up now (extra skin). I still have arm flaps. I mean come on - I'm 42 years old and I topped out at 203 lbs at one point - there's bound to be extra skin now that I'm @ 125 lbs! LOL

This really grated on me for a couple weeks. Then it started to get unbearably miserable. I got angry. It seemed so unfair! I worked so hard, how could I look so "awful"?! I quickly realized I was getting into a mental danger zone of self-hatred and disgust and knew this wouldn't bode well for my state of well being.

How did I come to change this? Several things.

I expressed my frustration to trusted people - my friends, my parents, my boyfriend. All of them gave me good, healthy, sincere feedback on how wonderful I looked. They reminded me of what an accomplishment I'd just made happen. My boyfriend especially REALLY gave me good feedback with lots of "you are so beautiful's" and "you looked so great before but look at you now, you're healthy AND happy" and "I'm so proud to be with you" and stuff like that. I had to lean on other's perceptions of me for awhile (and when I say "others" I mean people who are NOT abusive - never listen to critical voices - END those relationships, especially if it's a boyfriend/girlfriend!).

I also had to humbly admit to myself that because I had made poor choices in the past, I was not going to be able to achieve that "perfect" body I'd had in college. I had to grieve this - like, meaning, grieve as if it's a death - and let it go. I had to say to myself, "well, this is what ya got to work with now - this is your "canvas" to paint on - so now you're gonna have to do the best you can with it!". This means, for me, continuing to eat well, logging my calories, and exercising several times a week to keep myself in good health/shape (i.e., as good of shape as I can get) - and then letting the rest go.

I had to implement positive self-talk in my head. The moment a thought came into my head that said, "hey, fatso, look at your stomach" or "hey, ugly - look at those nasty butt cheeks" I'd say, "SO WHAT? Huh? So what? Yeah - they're not perfect. But guess what? I lost SEVENTY frickin' pounds! I haven't eaten dessert for an entire year! I can now run a 5K when I'd never run a step in my life before that! I can fit into a size 4 petite jeans! I am intelligent, I am beautiful, I am funny, I am talented, and my family and friends love me. And you know what? I LOVE ME." I'd tell that nasty voice to get the hell outta my head and replace it with encouraging words for myself.

If this issue goes really really deep for yourself, you might even consider a little therapy. It'll do you a mountain of good. Or find books to read on this subject. Pursue health. Pursue strength. Pursue Love for yourself. Seek and ye shall find. Never give up. And eventually - the tide will turn. It takes time, effort, work and energy to overcome mental habits, negative self-talk, etc. It won't just happen magically. You have to "exercise" it - just like your thighs. :)

HOpe that helps.

Yep. I'm no stranger to therapy. Actually, it is my inability to accept that I have limitations that causes me the most problems. I do think that I'm in that "danger zone," and I'm turning it around, slowly, as I'm coming to realize what I've been doing to myself. I've been in therapy for enough abusive situations, including being abusive to myself (negative self talk), that I need to reclaim some of the tools that I learned and, apparently, decided to discard. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. :flowerforyou:
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

True that.

This was supposed to be up there... ^^^ I'm technologically impaired today!
  • Dez6693
    Options
    oh please, that is nothing... im 5'9 and they are at a womping 34 inches...
    Ive always had large thighs mostly due to my massive hips and butt tho -_-
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4.5 inches off my thighs but still feel like they are massive..

Ladies, what is your thigh measurement if you don't mind sharing?

Im currently sitting at approximately 21 inches

I would love love love to have your thighs of 21 inches. Let's swap my 26 inches for your 21.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    25" last I measured! I think muscular, "thick" thighs are hot.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    One thigh is 24" and the other is 26"!!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

^^THIS.
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I haven't measured in a while but I love my "thunder thighs." It sounds like thunder when I kick the heavy bag. I am really proud of how strong they are from running and Tae Kwon Do.