SmartPhones: what is your panic level?

pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
Battery % that is. Do you start thinking about it at 40%, get a little nervous at 25%, start biting your nails at 15%? Are in full panic mode at 5%?

I have a step daughter that is 11 and I am in total fear for her when she starts driving. She rides her phone on empty all the time. I'm afraid that will carry over to her driving strategy. lol

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    About 20% then I charge it.

I have a charger at work so I'm always prepared :wink:
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    I plug it in when it dies.
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    No panic, I always have a charger on me, and one in the car too.
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Because iPhones are awful.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    I'm at 13% now and I'm totally fine with it.....I think....wait, what if I need to get on instagram? oh no! what if I need to send a bunch of pictures? holy crap....I'm torturing myself here!!! HALP! ok, seriously...I'm good :explode:
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    I carry a USB battery that I velcro to the back of the phone. It's built for my phone. Fits perfect, adds very little volume (depth) so it still fits in my holster.

When phone dies, I attach the additional battery cable. Once the charge is transferred, I recharge the additional battery at my desk or wherever (usb off someone's computer or 110 AC charge ability.)

I also carry a solar phone charger, for the rare occasion when I am not near a computer or 110AC outlet, and the sun is shining.

So......no panic levels. Being prepared (I was a Boy Scout), can avoid panic in many situations, not just phone charging.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    I also carry a USB battery that can recharge my phone.

My son is in the habit of charging his phone and (school-issued) iPad nightly. Conveniently the chargers are not in his room, so he can't be playing games on the devices all night.

Hubby has enabled our phones with a locate so that he can find them...the text he gets back also tells him how much battery we have left so that he can bug us to recharge.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Depends where I am.

If I'm at home it is usually pretty low before I even notice. If I'm out and fear I may not be able to charge it soon I tend to tone down operations when my battery saver mode kicks in (30% or something).

Thanks for reminding me to charge it. Lol.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    28% when the battery thing turns yellow.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Anything less than full and I freak.

I have 2 extra batteries though... but still.

My phone is USB 3.0 so it charges really really fast but still... I freak!

Must have full power 24/7!!!!!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Anything less than full and I freak.

I have 2 extra batteries though... but still.

My phone is USB 3.0 so it charges really really fast but still... I freak!

Must have full power 24/7!!!!!!

Lol you are funny.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I'm baddazz live on the edge always 0% and i've dared the E rocket on the car many times. Always just make it.

drives the BF insane :laugh:
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    I panic if I have to go anywhere with the battery low especially if the weather is bad. Otherwise, I'm really bad about getting back to people anyway and I think the people I talk to most frequently have come to expect that I rarely text or call back in a reasonable amount of time.

Basically, if I'm sitting at home naked, eating mac and cheese, and watching Hulu: panic level=0
    If I'm driving in bad weather or walking to or from campus: panic level=intense.
  • I find that my iPhone 5 can last me quite some time on 2% so I rarely panic unless I know I will need it for something important later. When I'm in town and I pass by an Apple store I usually pop my phone on the display chargers for a few minutes. The trick is to use one on the iPad table because those chargers are faster. :)
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    I agree with dino_bacon. If I'm out on my own somewhere I start to get nervous if the battery is lower than 30%. But if I'm at home I don't really care.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    I've never let it go past 9%
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Always have a panic level. Which is why I bought a car that has a hardwired charger, and I have a portable battery charger in my bag.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Never panic. If my phone dies, it dies. I can survive…I lived without one for a helluva lot of years. I think we become too attached to them and lose a lot of our natural instincts when a situation arises that requires us to think and not rely on technology.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    I plug it in when it dies.
    +1

I have a charger at work, home, and in my car. Not too concerned.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    69 dude!