Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That would be my dream come true!! :love: :love:
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    P.S. Cute dog

What - the goat isn't cute? :laugh:

Not mine. I was Santa for Pet Pics With Santa. A girl came in with a dog and a goat. Okie dokie.

OMG! I was so focused on the cute dog (which resembles my cute dog) that I missed the goat. I guess goats have Christmas wishes just like dogs.........
  • lehalk
    Options
    would love to start a group^_^
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but I think a lot of the above posters are right not to let a goal rule your life. I just barely missed my goal at my 1 year mark and was bummed out, but then I realized it's not just all gonna happen after a year anyways, because then I have to find something to do with the rest of my life as well, like stay healthy. It's better to have a life change goal, rather than year or month goal. I'd say think of those more as bonus and set reasonable markers for yourself. Don't let guilt or self hate bring you down if you don't meet certain goals. Every day you live a healthy life style is a day won in and of itself. As long as you're flexible and listen to your body, I think it's fine to set goals however you'd like. Best of luck!
  • basowner
    basowner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, my goal was that as well. 70 lbs in one year. At the 6 month mark I was 35 lbs down. Perfectly on schedule. Good luck I know you can do it!
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I lost 84lbs in a year a total of 140. You can if you want to.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    This is encouraging. I hope to lose at least 70 in 2014. (Preferably more).
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Yes, It's possible. I'm at seven months since I started ditching the weight and you can see my ticker.

Rigger
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Totally possible but you have to be dedicated, focused and work your *kitten* off.

But there is a lot of support here to help you!
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I've been seriously watching my food intake and working out for about 8 months and I've lost almost 60. :happy:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm at 70 lbs in 11 months, I'm not at my goal weight though and it's slowed down significantly (but I also refuse to starve myself).
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    It certainly is. I went from over 300 pounds last September to around 177-179 in a year.
  • jtfsid
    Options
    Yes it is possible. I lost 85 lbs in 6 months. I watched what I ate and workout a lot to burn off the calories. I kept it off for over 7 years then I slowly put on a few lbs until it added up. I gained 23 lbs back so I am back to losing that weight. I have lost 15 lbs so far and on my way back to remove the rest.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    yes, work really hard and watch what you eat. try insanity or 90x series. good luck!
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ofcourse, i lost 95 pounds in like 10 or 11 months, all was about to cut calories, eat healty, and workout, for me was walk 3 times a day, 1 hour per time. havent gained not even 1 pound back, but looking forward to let me gain 5 max for Christmas :D
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Sure. You could even do it in a healthy manner. But, keep in mind that life happens. I maintained for about 5 months this year...life happened. Don't get frustrated and feel like you're "falling off the wagon" if you lose slower than you hope...going in with that kind of attitude would likely derail you severely and cause you to gain it back. Shoot for a healthy amount, and in a year you'll be so much further along than where you are now.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    yes I also believe its possible. I started on here at 190 Sept 2012 and I was 127 on Sept 2013 and I'm 5'1.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Easier said than done. Check back in a year from now and then a few thereafter. :wink:
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have lost 78 lbs. since June. It is VERY hard work and requires a lot of discipline, but it can be done.

I drink a smoothie in the morning and keep my calorie intake between 1600 and 1800 per day. For you, you will need to make sure you are not falling below the minimum for your gender so that you will not stall and put your body in starvation mode. I also try to work out between 3 and 5 days a week, mostly walking and cross training.