When do you weigh yourself, and how often?

Options
Just curious! I tend to weigh myself twice a week - Wednesday and Saturday! :tongue:

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Every single day, first thing in the morning - after I take a wizz. This way, I can see trends and how what I eat affects my weight and BF%. After you wake up is also the most consistent time of the day to weigh yourself.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Every day here too. I like to know where I am. But, I only log my weight on Tuesday and Friday.
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i don't weigh
  • BlueAlienPeace
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning right after I get up.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    My "official" weigh ins are on Wednesday, but sometimes I weigh 2 or 3 times a week...only in the mornings though or I will get depressed.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I write down daily weights and average them once a week for the total picture. This evens out daily highs and lows. The suggested once-a-week for accuracy could still catch you in a deceptive high or low. Averaging is the way I roll.
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, shlluld have said, first thing in the morning is also when I do it! I think it gives a more accurate weigh in. Also someone has mentioned an average, thats quite a good idea!!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning. I figure this is good practice for maintenance when I'll be experimenting with calorie levels.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Every morning here as well. Seeing daily fluctuations helps me not freak out over a gain of a couple pounds and not get too excited over a big weekly loss. It's all about the overall trend.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Most mornings but my only official weigh in day is friday
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Every day right after I'm done with my morning routine of bathroom, shower, brush teeth, run to my room in my towel, drop towel, weigh myself (yes, with wet hair--doesn't make too much difference when it's dry anyway).. LOL
    But my official day had traditionally been thursdays but may change to Fridays(as it had been for this challenge I've been doing)..
  • Deepakvmm
    Deepakvmm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Normally - never- once ever 4-6 months.

right now?
    Once in the morning after I pee.
    Once at night after gym- before I shower

Record both.
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Every morning right when I wake up.
  • meagomyeggo
    meagomyeggo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every morning, but I read that wasn't good for you to do, so now I weigh every Friday morning.
  • Eidetica
    Options
    Like many others here, I weigh first thing in the morning every day. However, I try to keep an open mind to differences in water retention from day-to-day. So, it I'm a little higher than I expected, I don't beat myself up. As long as there is a general downward trend, I consider it a success. When it comes to recording my weight on MFP, I just record it when I've reached a loss of a pound from my last recorded weight, whenever that happens. I also try to keep in mind that weight isn't everything. It is, however, a good way to note progress and to help make your eating and exercise decisions. I went through a phase where I was lifting regularly and only did weigh-ins once a month. I found that the ritual of regular weighing had helped motivate me and keep me on track, so I went back to it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    never, I do not even own a scale
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after going to the bathroom. I only weight myself once in a blue moon...
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Every single morning right after I get up. And if I am home at 11am or around there - I weigh myself then also. It is the sweet spot for me and my lowest weight of the day. Totally obsessed and so glad of it. Since I quit logging, and in maintenance before my next loss it is what keeps me on track.