What "childish" fears do you still have?

Options
I am scared of the dark. I am scared of mice, spiders and snakes. How is that for manly? :embarassed:

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    ceilings especially really high ones...shiver
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Long bridges. Not a fan.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Geez! Loosen your dress, Shirley!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I still hate clowns.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Still won't eat chicken legs and thighs because of the veins.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Scrubs. The medical clothing.

I don't fear doctors, dentists, shots or surgery. It's the scrubs that make me feel uncomfortable. ALWAYS have. It's pretty much the same if I am having blood drawn from a nurse at the hospital or just standing in line next to a vet tech at the supermarket. Ewww, scrubs.

I could never wear them for a job.
  • splitaces
    Options
    clowns are the worst
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Spiders!! They are so gross! And I'm scared of the dark but not as much as I am scared of spiders. But I do sleep with a night light on. I tell my husband it's because I have really bad eye sight and if I get up in the middle of the night I don't want to trip over our dog but I think it's mostly cause I don't want to be in the dark.
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    I have an unhealthy fear of dinosaurs and dragons ... yea i know :P I can't play a game or watch a movie with them in because I'll just turn into a screaming gooey mess lol.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I can't even type my fear, right now my hands are clamy and my feet are shaking just thinking about it!
  • sparkynme
    Options
    I still hate clowns.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I am scared of the dark. I am scared of mice, spiders and snakes. How is that for manly? :embarassed:

Nothing wrong with any of those, IMO. If it makes you feel any better, my hubby is scared of clowns. :tongue:

I'm scared of spiders and high bridges. I've also been known to leap from the doorway to my bed in the dark just to make sure nothing will reach out and grab me just like I did when I was little... not all the time, but I feel silly about it anyway, haha.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Still somewhat afraid of the dark. I used to have to get a running start to get on the bed, but I finally outgrew that(I won't say when):embarassed:
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Ceiling fans.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

I hear ya, pal. I was terrified of the dark when I was a kid, and my dad absolutely forbid us to have a night light. I'd have to beg to have the bathroom light left on.

As an adult I'm ok in the house if it's dark, but it's just barely ok. I don't like it, especially when I'm alone. If I HAVE to take the dogs out at night, I make sure the motion-sensor light is set to stay on, and I stay right by it. Otherwise my husband is the one designated to take them out after dark.

I also don't like basements, even when they're fully furnished. I don't know what caused me to be so afraid of them, but I just don't like them.
  • gman1232
    Options
    . I've also been known to leap from the doorway to my bed in the dark just to make sure nothing will reach out and grab me just like I did when I was little... not all the time, but I feel silly about it anyway, haha.

That is awesome!
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have an unhealthy fear of dinosaurs and dragons ... yea i know :P I can't play a game or watch a movie with them in because I'll just turn into a screaming gooey mess lol.

I never knew anyone else was afraid of dinosaurs!! Me too. And the dark very much so.
  • Hquinn77
    Options
    Orcas. I will never go to Sea World. :/
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Snakes...ugh

Use to be so scared of the dark. Now I adore it. The darker the better.:glasses:
  • pinklemonayde530
    pinklemonayde530 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid but I have a fear of doing things wrong. You know how when you were a little kid and you knew if you did something you would get in trouble because you did something wrong? Kind of like that; for the most part I don't want people to be mad at me. I also don't like spiders, birds or cats/kittens. They move too fast and I don't know where they went or if they are planning to attack.