What "childish" fears do you still have?

Options

Replies

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Balloons (latex kind),the foil ones are ok!

Ostrich <--- i hate those f*ckers!

The sound of toast popping!
  • gman1232
    Options
    Snakes...ugh

Use to be so scared of the dark. Now I adore it. The darker the better.:glasses:

How did you learn to like the dark?
  • myou523
    myou523 Posts: 126
    Options
    Snakes, lizards, frogs, basements, and Rottweilers.
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I still walk very quickly (ok...run) into the bedroom and into bed as quickly as I can after I turn out the lights (to outrun the zombie/bad guy/ghost that is going to grab me by the shoulder)....
    sigh.....
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Birds. I am terrified of most birds unless they are extremely tiny ones.
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Needles and centipedes/silverfish..... too many FREAKING legs to be normal. *shudder* :noway:
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Spiders! The little ones ya know that you walk thru the web and start flipping out, like " is there one on me?!" lol
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Spiders, but specifically when I'm caught unaware by them, such as, put my hand on a wall and spider runs across my hand, or walk into one dropping on web strand from the ceiling. Freaks me the f^~* out. Otherwise, I think their amazingly awesome to watch.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm still afraid of the dark, and a little nightlight doesn't cut it. I need the bathroom light on outside my bedroom door. I love sleeping in the dark if I'm with someone, though.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I can't cook turkey because it feels like a cold, naked, heavy baby. :(

This thread is weird. Or is it me?
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Needles and centipedes/silverfish..... too many FREAKING legs to be normal. *shudder* :noway:

Centipedes are disgusting. I saw one on my wall and nearly put a hole in it with a shoe. Scared the bejesus out of me.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Not so much the basement, but the basement *stairs.* One must bound up them so the zombies do not grab one's feet as one climbs. Basement stairs that are open between the risers? Forget it. Won't be going down them because going up will cause paralysis and/or death.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I am mental really.

Ghosts, water (thanks Jaws), etc
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I find the ocean at night scary, like the poster above me said, I think it had to do with Jaws, at an early age for me.
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Irrational fear of throwing up... emetophobia. Not being able to leave somewhere; no matter how big or small the place is. Sleeping with my face towards the couch. Anything biting my fingers.
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bees and other stinging flying things. I ran into a bee's nest when I was young and got stung by a lot of them and since then I can not be near them.
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    crawling bugs
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Spiders. This isn't just a small fear either. This is a totally irrational fear that grips me to this day! Spiders scare the living daylights out of me.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Bodies of water at night...lake, ocean, river...whatever...freak me out. Crickets too. Yes...I said crickets.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of icicles...the huge ones that hang off the eaves of buildings and can fall and kill you as you walk beneath them. Fortunately now that I live in florida, they really aren't an issue.

On the other hand here we have snakes...and sharks.

I also have a fear of being buried alive, under rubble, as from an earthquake or other disaster.

I didn't have any of these fears as a child...I was pretty fearless then. iIgnorance is bliss.