Nutella strikes again..

Options
2»

Replies

• ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think certain foods are juiced to increase the craving, much as cigarette manufacturers juice up their product. That said, it doesn't remove personal responsibility from the equation. You and only you are responsible for what goes into your mouth.

If you know Nutella is your irresistible craving, you have to change something. Ideally, you would figure out what's going on in your head (do you have an eating disorder?) and learn to deal with and overcome the craving. If you need professional help, pick up the phone right now!

Or you could budget a couple of tablespoons into your calorie count every day (that's what I do with peanut butter LOL). That seems to require more control than you presently have.

Does logic work for you? A jar of Nutella contains about 4,000 calories -- what is that, two days worth? And in those 4,000 calories, there is barely any nutrition. So you're going to be really hungry in a little while, your blood sugar is going to skyrocket then plunge precipitously, your body isn't getting any useful fuel, and your teeth are rotting. What's really scary -- You would have to run 40 miles to burn those calories (at 100 calories per mile). That's a marathon and a half. And it's unlikely you could even do that (see useful fuel comment above).

Another solution would be to just not buy the stupid stuff. Again, seems to require more control than you presently have.

Most of all you have to decide what's important to you -- the momentary pleasure of the jar of Nutella (followed by guilt and remorse) or your health.

Any of these require you to do some hard work. But you can do it!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I think certain foods are juiced to increase the craving, much as cigarette manufacturers juice up their product. That said, it doesn't remove personal responsibility from the equation. You and only you are responsible for what goes into your mouth.

If you know Nutella is your irresistible craving, you have to change something. Ideally, you would figure out what's going on in your head (do you have an eating disorder?) and learn to deal with and overcome the craving. If you need professional help, pick up the phone right now!

Or you could budget a couple of tablespoons into your calorie count every day (that's what I do with peanut butter LOL). That seems to require more control than you presently have.

Does logic work for you? A jar of Nutella contains about 4,000 calories -- what is that, two days worth? And in those 4,000 calories, there is barely any nutrition. So you're going to be really hungry in a little while, your blood sugar is going to skyrocket then plunge precipitously, your body isn't getting any useful fuel, and your teeth are rotting. What's really scary -- You would have to run 40 miles to burn those calories (at 100 calories per mile). That's a marathon and a half. And it's unlikely you could even do that (see useful fuel comment above).

Another solution would be to just not buy the stupid stuff. Again, seems to require more control than you presently have.

Most of all you have to decide what's important to you -- the momentary pleasure of the jar of Nutella (followed by guilt and remorse) or your health.

Any of these require you to do some hard work. But you can do it!!!!
    The OP is an underweight young man.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1069242_537576102974579_1224805319_n.jpg

This is how they should really sell Nutella

NOM NOM NOM NOM:love:
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've said it before in response to your posts: you have a scary relationship with food.

Yet you never came with a suggestion/help/advice/thought in any of your comments..?
    I have. Several times, actually. I've actually suggested you stop using MFP for a while. Stop counting, stop obsessing. Ive asked if you have an ED. I've asked if you worry that you have an ED....

If I stop tracking calories, who knows I might end up putting myself at a total unnecessary surplus of calories?
    From what I know, regarding muscle gains, which I'm after, the human body can only handle so much muscle growth at a time and any extra calories will turn into fat.
    And If we're to worry about the body getting enough nutrients from the extra calories.. well, I currently try to get as much vitamins and minerals as possible, by having a couple of servings of fruit and vegetables every day besides taking a mutlivitamin.

So what is exactly the point of not counting or obsessing about calorie tracking, especially if it's with someone who lacks self control over certain foods?

As for the eating disorders point, I wouldn't really know, as I've never come to even think of them.. so I can't really tell if I have this kind of thing.

And i definitely appreciate your help, sorry if I was just a little stressed out.