What "childish" fears do you still have?

Options

Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Strangers
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Strangers

But what if they have candy?
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Doctors, hospitals, ambulances, and especially, needles.
    What about nurses?! We aren't scary. :(

Me...it freaks me out to sleep with the door closed. I saw a movie or a tv show where a girl was sleeping when a fire started in the house. The bedroom door was closed & she couldn't get it open because it was stuck. She didn't make it out of the house. I was really young, so I don't remember what movie it was. Scared me to death though! :noway:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Heights, night time in the forest, sharks, and Freddy Krueger.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Open water, especially at night.

Just found out this has a name: thalassophobia
    But it's not just the sea with me, it's also lakes and wide rivers and reservoirs etc. But the ''imagining a big scary monster under the surface'' bit definitely fits!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Snakes...ugh

Use to be so scared of the dark. Now I adore it. The darker the better.:glasses:

How did you learn to like the dark?

Its a ghost thing.... (long story which most people dont believe in anyway)
    but needless to say...I am no longer afraid of the dark. :bigsmile:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have a very high fear of Thunder and lightening, for that matter any kind of storm! Its like a phobia.
    Also scared of crackers, sudden loud noises- like balloon popping LOL
    As a child, i used to be scared of clowns, i used to recurring nightmare about clowns..*shudder*
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    All of my fears are grown-up ones. :ohwell:
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Carwashes. I absolutely hate them, I refuse to go into one by myself.
  • Eidetica
    Options
    Alligators.
    I live in Iowa.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    SPIDERS!!!!!!! they really creep me out. :frown:
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Mice, which is weird because I have no problem with hamsters or rats but can't handle mice.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    clowns, spiders, driving on busy freeways, mimes, being on a boat, sleeping home alone.....yikes I have a lot.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not so much the basement, but the basement *stairs.* One must bound up them so the zombies do not grab one's feet as one climbs. Basement stairs that are open between the risers? Forget it. Won't be going down them because going up will cause paralysis and/or death.

^^^^ You worded this absolutely perfectly! I'm great in the basement and could stay down there indefinitely, but once I hit the stairs all the hair on the back of my neck stands up.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Spiders for sure, Daddy Long Legs don't really bother me they're easy to squash with your shoe but the hairy spiders or house spider types are creepy. Bats are kinda creepy just cuz you don't know if they are gonna swoop at you or not although I rarely see bats living in town in the country when I was growing up would see them every now and then. Really deep water cuz I never took swim lessons growing up and now as an adult I can just swim to keep above water and deep water freaks me out. I like fishing off a pier or things of that nature and pontoons aren't too bad they feel pretty safe but anytime being in real deep water or in a small boat or canoe freaks me out.
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    I am scared of the dark. I am scared of mice, spiders and snakes. How is that for manly? :embarassed:
    I'm scared of the dark. I'm scared of bug (gross eww ew ew). And f$@$ing clowns.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am scared of the dark. I am scared of mice, spiders and snakes. How is that for manly? :embarassed:

I hear ya, pal. I was terrified of the dark when I was a kid, and my dad absolutely forbid us to have a night light. I'd have to beg to have the bathroom light left on.

As an adult I'm ok in the house if it's dark, but it's just barely ok. I don't like it, especially when I'm alone. If I HAVE to take the dogs out at night, I make sure the motion-sensor light is set to stay on, and I stay right by it. Otherwise my husband is the one designated to take them out after dark.

I also don't like basements, even when they're fully furnished. I don't know what caused me to be so afraid of them, but I just don't like them.

I'm afraid of the dark and basements, too! For some reason, watching the walking dead has seemed to ease my fears a bit, though. I know.. I'm a wierdo haha
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    zombies. yeah, I;ve had to talk myself off the ledge on a few trail runs. Thanks TWD lol
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Dolls, Death, Spiders, Thunderstorms, Heights.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Separation anxiety