Not losing weight on Keto diet.

Options
2»

Replies

• csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When you were gaining, what was your progress in one week? Did you gain every week. When you ate something different did you gain that week?

One week is not a guage. If you are panicking after one week.....

This.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Try doing something longer than a week?

I did not mean to imply I was going to give it up. I lost 25 pounds a few months back by just eating healthy and really hitting the gym hard. But these last ten pounds just don't want to come off. So im trying keto.

It was my understanding that you will lose weight very quickly initially in ketosis. There is so much info/misinfo out there about keto diets im just trying to sort through it. Trying to wrap my head around it so I can know if im on the right track.

Thanks for the advice though!
    Try asking on this group. Very helpful folks, but many don't spend time on the main forums.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Keto doesn't cause weight loss.

And the quote from Reddit is unadulterated bull****.

^

Track your calories, make sure you're in a deficit. ---> weight loss.

I've been staying under about 1,800 cals a day usually more like 1,600-1,700

But you can't be certain of that, because you are not weighing your food.

I mean give or take a few hundred I think I would still be considered in a deficit no?

Think about it, if you burned 2000 calories, counted 1700, but actually ate 2000 due to a few hundred calories miscounted, you just lost your deficit.

Usually as people drop pounds they have to cut more and more calories as they go to keep it going at the same rate, this is probably why you feel stuck at 10 pounds to go.

Also just keep in mind that if you're trying to drop the last 10 quickly by trying something totally different, you're likely to gain it back just as quickly once you stop and go back to your normal habits. It sucks but the best advice I can give is to either be patient with the last 10 or cut more calories if it's really not budging.