When do you weigh yourself, and how often?

Options

Replies

• Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Every morning right after I wake up.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I keep track of it on a graph on a phone app. Daily weighing is one of my maintenance tools (I weighed daily while losing weight too).
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, just to get a general idea of where I am at. My official weigh in is every 2 weeks at my doctor's office. I wear clothes and shoes. I try to wear the same thing each visit - jeans, t-shirt, sneakers. My weigh in is in about an hour.
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Seems although a lot of people weigh in everyday, didn't realise it was so common. I've always felt tempted to and I guess it makes sense to see your ups and downs. I'm definitely gonna do that and start taking averages, still love that idea!!
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    whenever I lose weight

at least i'm being honest
  • OlyTriNoob
    Options
    Trendweight.com - Everyday.
  • TaurusV
    Options
    Every single day, first thing in the morning - after I take a wizz. This way, I can see trends and how what I eat affects my weight and BF%. After you wake up is also the most consistent time of the day to weigh yourself.
    I do the same and consider the average of 3 days to see the trend.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't weighed in a long time. I go by how my clothes fit. If they feel tight, I eat a bit less. I don't usually have the too loose problem though. I used to weigh daily, or even a bunch of times a day, and all it did was make me stressed when I gained so much as a half a pound.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh daily, first thing in the morning. My official weigh in day is Wednesday; that's when I record it on MFP and give my +/- to my trainer.
    I've noticed that it's been getting to me more and more though (the daily weigh-ins) so I think I may try the averaging thing that another poster mentioned. What a great idea!
  • docktor8991
    docktor8991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do it every morning before breakfast and is usually the most exciting part of the day for me!!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm joining the military, and i have to get weighed monthly when I see my recruiter. I like weighing in on the same scale. I
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Every few days. I've broken with the daily morning ritual. Too obsessive.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after using the bathroom, before getting in the shower. :happy:
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Saturdays, same time and using the same scale. I have moved away from everyday weigh-ins. This was too much for me!
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    Every day, but only Wednesday counts!
  • Quantumanthem
    Options
    Well my diet/exercise plan has started today and will go for 14 weeks where I will lose 7kg of fat! yayyy
    It happened to start on Saturday, so I will weigh myself every Saturday morning first thing in the morning. Just once a week is fine.

Notice that fat weighs less than muscle. As in muscle is much denser
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I can handle the worse days I also know that I shouldn't take it to heart during my monthly cycle.
  • ameltingprism
    Options
    I use to weigh myself every single day but then I stopped because I knew some days I would be facing something very unpleasant. I cannot weigh in weekly because that is way too long without weighing myself. I have tried before and failed completely, lol. So, to make this easier for me, I weigh in 'randomly. Meaning, whenever I want to. Haha. So, overall, I weigh in at least 3 times a week.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself every Monday morning. My scale went caput a little bit ago so it's been awhile since I've weighed myself. Probably for the best. ;)
  • jmoon0511
    Options
    I finally realized that for myself and to be sure I am staying on track, I need to weigh myself every morning.