How do you do it??

Options
I'm full - absolutely full. I don't think I've had to eat this much in years! :noway:

I'm trying to figure out how to get to 1600 calories a day and not have to each so much. I didn't realize you'd have to eat so much to lose weight. Does anyone have any tips to keep carbs down yet still hit the calorie mark??

Replies

• akellyking1977
    Options
    I'm full - absolutely full. I don't think I've had to eat this much in years! :noway:

I'm trying to figure out how to get to 1600 calories a day and not have to each so much. I didn't realize you'd have to eat so much to lose weight. Does anyone have any tips to keep carbs down yet still hit the calorie mark??
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of veggies, lean protiens, high amounts of fiber filled foods, and don't worry about using a little olive or grape seed oil to prepare your meals with. Instead of eating the fat free foods, try reduced fat instead. This will help to get your calories up a little higher. Use some olive oil along with the vinegar on your salads. Eat something every 2-3 hours to keep you from getting to that "starving" point and keep your metabolism going. Just a few ideas. Hope they help!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You are feeling the difference real food and probably what used to be empty calorie food can make. It took me awhile to get used to the differences.

I eat every three hours now, the largest meal is 400-500 calories. I have found simple solutions like at snack time I have apples and peanut butter or grapes and almonds or wheat crackers and an ounce of cheese. The protein items, peanut butter, almonds and cheese pack a bit more a caloric punch and I don't have to completely sacrifice taste!

So far with doing this I have lost 31lbs since September!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I hear you, when I moved from calorie dense foods to more calorie efficiant, it became a challenge to properly fill my day. I too snack often now, which is great anyway. This site makes you generally eat better because you "see" what you are putting in your mouth. Amazing eh?
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Go to the link below and read about the Exchange System. It is a good balanced diet that really works. It is the same diet that the hospital gives to their heart and diabetic patients as well as people who need to lose weight. The American Diabetes Association puts out a little book that called the Exchange Lists for Weight Management that lists the foods for you. It is a very handy and useful book. I have 3 copies of the book that I refer to all the time.
    But do go to the link below and that should help you a lot.
    LoJo :flowerforyou:

http://www.tops.org/ReadArticle.asp?articleId=1086