Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tattoo removal

2»

Replies

• squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    I almost got one of mine taken off... unfortunately it's the biggest tattoo I have and it goes down my spine.. pure black, tribal.. that's supposed to be an arm-band. God, could it get any worse, really? Ugh, the shame.. Had it fixed, looks a little better. I'm not afraid of it anymore.:indifferent: :laugh:

Best of luck to ya, you're braver than I am!
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    My partner recently had a tattoo removed... well sort of. That is she did have it lasered off but after 8 sessions over the course of almost a year it still has not gone, not only it has not gone - it hasn't even nearly gone. It is still clearly visible and there is now a nasty smudge where a nice tattoo used to be. (It was being removed due to the location rather than the design.) It was a black design with no other colours. She has given up on removing it completely as it is a very expensive (over £400 so far), time consuming and painful process. It burns like crazy for several days after and is very sensitive to the touch. Judging by my partners experience tattoo removal is a complete wombat - waste of money brains and time.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    I've been seeing several posts on pain. So I will add to my earlier post. When I had mine done the pain was no more than the pain of getting the tat. I guess it depends where it is also, but I didn't find it all that bad. Just make sure it is a reputable place and ask to see some clients, not just pics.

Mine were done by a contracted Doctor for the military. He really knew his stuff and gave me all the pro's & cons beforehand.

Its not often in life we can change a so called "permanent" mistake. Good luck!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    yeah, this one needs to be removed

tattoo_removal_07.jpg
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    6962.jpg
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Cover-up > removal

Ditto
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    I'll for sure finish it off eventually because the random green just looks like I'm moldy.

Just tell everyone you have a Seattle tan!
    Absolutely. People fly in from Europe to see the guy that founded this place.

Yeah, I wasn't about to pay Aaron's prices or deal with his waiting list for our simple black tatt, but damn if he doesn't do awesome work, and he's got a great team put together - my guy was awesome though I about made him choke laughing when I said that it wasn't every day a guy got to go home from work and say he popped the cherry on a mom and her twin daughters. LOL.
  • My appointment is with a very reputable doctor. I did a lot of research before contacting him. I'm pretty excited about having them removed. They estimated a 2 year removal period with one session every 3-4 months. I enjoyed my tattoos in my twenties but now that I'm in my 30s I'm excited to have fresh clean tattoo free skin again. Tattoos just don't look right in pretty cocktail dresses. :)