IS ANYONE HERE ON ACE?

Options

Replies

• kenzleysmommy
    kenzleysmommy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    As I said before, I am also counting calories and consuming a ton of water (along with taking the ACE.) I'm not expecting results from the ACE alone, which is why I am also taking other steps to lose the weight. I was looking to see if there was anyone who had taken ACE and got results. Many people I know wanted results alone from it, but I don't feel like that is effective in the event that I stop taking them. I wasn't expecting a pill to be a long term solution, which is exactly why I am taking other steps to lose the weight! I really don't appreciate all of the negative remarks I've gotten as a result, because I made sure to point out in my original post that I am counting calories along with taking the pill, not just taking it and expecting it to work by itself.
  • kenzleysmommy
    Options
    I don't feel like I am better than anyone. I was simply asking for advice on if anyone has taken it. I know some people who have gotten sick from it, and people who have lost a ton of weight or none at all. That's all I really wanted to know. To those of you who have done it alone with no pills, by all means, congratulations! I, however, decided to give it a try along with counting calories.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wow, pretty sure I asked for RESULTS from using it. I didn't say I needed it, I was simply asking those who have taken it what their results were.

MFP is full of people who want to see you succeed following actual science and not fads or gimmicks.
    Sometimes...i often see people here say things that they have no clue on what there talking about....those people generally argue and argue and argue.....credentials!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    You can get results from simply altering your diet and exercising... and it won't cost you all that much, other than some time and effort. I can't say the same for gimmicks like ACE, but hey - if you like it, use it.

Also, caps lock is not your friend.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wow, pretty sure I asked for RESULTS from using it. I didn't say I needed it, I was simply asking those who have taken it what their results were.

Pretty sure people are going to give you advice that will work for the long term and help you lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. FYI, taking a pill is not going to be a long term solution.

Ya but it was written like advice was it? It was snarky and rude, like she is better than people who take pills.

This X 1,000!! I hate bullies and that is exactly how some adults act on here!

The "B" word??? Already? She's just 8 posts in and already the B-word.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A NEW RECORD
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I RECENTLY MADE THE DECISION TO START ACE AND BEGIN A DIET AT THE SAME TIME. I AM CONSUMING 1200 CALORIES (OR LESS SOME DAYS) AND HAVEN'T BEGAN EXERCISING YET. I DRINK WATER (4 LITERS A DAY TO BE EXACT) AND THAT'S IT. JUST WATER AND MY MORNING COFFEE. I JUST STARTED ALL OF THIS ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 16TH, AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE IS ON ACE AND WHAT THEIR RESULTS ARE!!! THANKS!
    Never tried it.....but why are you YELLING (caps locks)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    :noway:

No wonder you're too weak to turn the CAPSLOCK off.
  • kenzleysmommy
    Options
    Sorry guys! Didn't mean to have caps lock in my OP.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Pretty sure people are going to give you advice that will work for the long term and help you lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. FYI, taking a pill is not going to be a long term solution.

Ya but it was written like advice was it? It was snarky and rude, like she is better than people who take pills.

She is better. She's using sense, science and hard work to achieve her sustainable results.
    That does indeed make her better than deluding themselves regarding for a quick fix from a pill.

Also, we see questions like this in this forum all the time. It may not be your fault that you're the 15,458,874 rd person to ask about a bad idea, but that doesn't make hearing the question yet again any less irritating.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

Well I hate when people encourage others to try techniques that have been proven to be unsustainable in the long run.
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options

:indifferent: I've been using this site for years now just forgot my old password. But good job on proving my point! :happy:
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options

:indifferent: I've been using this site for years now just forgot my old password. But good job on proving my point! :happy:

You tend to forget your password? Well then, at least there's hope.
  • kenzleysmommy
    Options
    Wow, and I expected more from the people on this website! I never said I was taking it for a quick fix; as a matter of fact I clearly stated (YES, WITH MY CAPS LOCK ON!) that I am dieting also. Looking for a quick fix would mean taking the ACE and continuing to eat whatever I wanted expecting it to make me shed tons of pounds instantly. I never expected that nor did I say I did. I am very happy for those of you who have exercised and ate right and lost the weight! I also am doing the same, while taking ACE and was only asking this to see who may have had results from taking it. I'd expect worse bullying from a bunch of skinny people but I can see that just because you lost the weight you aren't any better looking inside. I would never criticize someone just for wanting to know about something that could contribute to their weight loss.
  • kyleekay10
    Options

Um what?

He made an observation based on the information available at the time. Your post count, and what you said in your post.

Now simple observations = bullying?

jesse-pinkman-seriously.gif
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    Wow, and I expected more from the people on this website! I never said I was taking it for a quick fix; as a matter of fact I clearly stated (YES, WITH MY CAPS LOCK ON!) that I am dieting also. Looking for a quick fix would mean taking the ACE and continuing to eat whatever I wanted expecting it to make me shed tons of pounds instantly. I never expected that nor did I say I did. I am very happy for those of you who have exercised and ate right and lost the weight! I also am doing the same, while taking ACE and was only asking this to see who may have had results from taking it. I'd expect worse bullying from a bunch of skinny people but I can see that just because you lost the weight you aren't any better looking inside. I would never criticize someone just for wanting to know about something that could contribute to their weight loss.

RE: The bolded part. You wouldn't criticize them for that, but you're quick to call "the skinny people" on this thread ugly on the inside?

Ok, then.

Actual advice based on your OP: Yes, you say you are dieting. You are eating 1,200 or less a day if your calorie counting is indeed accurate (read- if you weigh/measure everything, and you actually log every bit that goes into your mouth). So you are coupling a VLCD (very low calorie diet) with weight loss pills. All of that = you are looking for a quick fix.

Have you ever calculated your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) to see what your body actually needs each day to sustain your activity? If not, check out the link below. Follow the calorie guidelines provided. And ditch the weight loss pills.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • kenzleysmommy
    Options
    It was actually in reference to all of the people who were just rude and making fun of me for using caps lock.
  • kenzleysmommy
    Options
    And by skinny people, I'm referring to those who don't need this site because they have never struggled with their weight, not people who have struggled and lost the weight.
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    It was actually in reference to all of the people who were just rude and making fun of me for using caps lock.

Did you really just completely ignore the actual advice I gave you in that post?

ETA:
    And by skinny people, I'm referring to those who don't need this site because they have never struggled with their weight, not people who have struggled and lost the weight.

Who are you to say who has/has not struggled with their weight?

go-on-gif.gif
  • kenzleysmommy
    Options
    No I didn't ignore it, it hadn't shown up yet. Thanks for the actual advice.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There are people who have not yet figured out what works for them and what doesn't. We need to be respectful and mindful of the way we speak to others and calmly explain to them that it's just not the way to go. Some of you here have tried some crazy diets but it took trial and error and education and other things to get to were you are today. No one should be made to feel less than.
This discussion has been closed.