Hey laadddiiiiiies....

Options
I'm looking for some fairly cheap, transition jeans. I'm between a 14 and a 16 and I'm looking for some bootcut jeans that sit below the waist so they kinda smoosh in that lower belly bulge. What are your fav jeans and where ya get em?

Replies

• missmelt
    missmelt Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Jeans west have some at an ok price which look good or just jeans. Great problem to have, congrats!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I like either old navy or maurices....about $24. Also, I got most of my transition jeans from thrift stores and found some gently used awesome brand named jeans for cheap!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Maybe get a belt until you can get into the 14? That's what I did.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I love Apt 9 jeans from Kohls
  • k_stew_
    Options
    I get mine on sale at Gap. I also like Levi's at Kohls.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Goodwill.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Maurices, $29. I'm wienerdogcrazy, too! :smile:
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ive been buying my jeans at Ross lately since I have been outgrowing them every other month it seems lol. TJMaxx is another store to check, their prices are comparable.

Edited to add: The ones I just bought recently are Calvin Klein brand. Straight leg (Im short- comes in bootcut as well), they sit just below the waist but no booty sagging and I usually have issues with that and low rise jeans but these fit really well.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    well my biggest problem isn't the waist, it's the butt. They get SO saggy in the butt like 2 minutes after wearing them. So I guess I should have said jeans that are mid-rise that don't sag in the A** lol

and I'm wanting to know the actual STYLE or cut that you wear. Oh and my goodwill has CRAP for jeans unless you wanna rock the 80s tapered zip ankle look.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    They have Earl brand at Gordman's and I love them! They are great for transitional and they are really comfy.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    well my biggest problem isn't the waist, it's the butt. They get SO saggy in the butt like 2 minutes after wearing them. So I guess I should have said jeans that are mid-rise that don't sag in the A** lol

and I'm wanting to know the actual STYLE or cut that you wear. Oh and my goodwill has CRAP for jeans unless you wanna rock the 80s tapered zip ankle look.

My source for cheap jeans has been Old Navy. You'll need to try them on, as they have several styles based on waist to hip ratio. My issue isn't the *kitten* sagging, it's the waist being way too huge, so what style works for me won't work for you.

That said, the best fit for me are the boyfriend jeans, but the thighs can be an issue after a lifting day. I have a pair of their Dreamer style on order, but have no clue on how they'll fit.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Look for a modern cut or contemporary cut that are slimmer in the hip and butt. Also, jeans with spandex won't sag as much, but they tend to run a bit small. I'm having the same issue with saggy jeans but between size 10 and 12 now, and it's very irritating.

Brands I found that tend to work better for this are Ann Taylor Sexy Bootcut's (these fit me like a glove, and I love them), Riders Modern Cut jeans (these are cheap too), and Old Navy "The Flirt" boot cuts.
  • skyisover
    skyisover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I get my jeans at Alloyapparel.com. They have midrise, bootcut jeans and lots of inseam options (I need a 36 to 37" inseam and they are about the only place I can find it). They range in the $30s or $40s but well worth it. I've had my jeans for almost a year and they hold their shape all day and still fit like they are new
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Target.

I lived in their jeans while I was still shrinking.
    You can usually find them on sale and the fit is good considering the price.

Now that I'm pretty much the size I want to be, I find it easier to splurge on better quality jeans.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Old Navy - try the Sweetheart boot cut.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i just wear sweats all day
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    That's simple. Thrift stOre.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'd try goodwill or consignment shops! I was wearing a size 22/24 when I first started my journey and am now in a 12/14. Our goodwill has really nice name brand cloths. $3.75 for pants and tops $5 for my winter coat. For that price I don't feel like I have to do without clothes until I reach my goal. I'll probably continue to shop there even when I reach my goal of a size 8/10 in pants.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I usually end up naked when transitioning from one article of clothing to another. But that's just me.
  • angelchannelsmith
    Options
    TJ MAXX OR ROSS OR MARSHALLS