anyone with chubby hands?

Options
I have tiny, child sized hands. I don't mind that, but my fingers are short and chubby and I hate that. :grumble:

Part of it is genetics, all the ladies on my moms side have small hands but mine are only chubby cause of my weight. It seems such a silly thing to worry about, but when your hands are basically the part of your body that everyone will see, and I don't like my fingers at all. :ohwell:

Has anyone noticed that their fingers slimmed down as well when they lost weight? I feel so silly saying this, but I have always been curious!

Replies

• angelicminxiemoo
    angelicminxiemoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah ive lost loads of size on my fingers, i hadn't been able to wear my engagement ring for YEARS!!! now 65lb down, it fits perfect, and i have to wear it to keep my wedding ring on. i joke to my husband that by the time im finished losing weight it would be easier to buy me a whole new set lol. Don't worry,. im sure its just a matter of time before your fingers slim down xoxo
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yes, my fingers have slimmed down! They are still chubby but not nearly as much as they used to be. I still have some ways to go so I am confident they will get slimmer the more weight I lose.

eta - even though my ticker says i have 14lbs left, I actually have closer to 65. I just am doing it in small goals at a time.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I'm an artist and there's this mental image of the artist with long elegant fingers and I was here with my chubby baby hands. I know it may sound weird but I always felt uncomfortable telling people I'm an artist if they could see me (i.e. not over the internet). The good news is 65lbs down my fingers have indeed slimmed out (though not lengthened). I noticed it start around -40lbs so just keep at it and you will see results!

Good Luck!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    My best friend (see pic) informed me that I apparently have "man hands". We were in bed at the time when she decided to share this snippet of unwelcome news (night before her wedding, & there was a shortage of bed spaces).. On the plus side it did cheer me up that for the 3mins prior to her waking. I had the pleasure of watching her picking her nose in her sleep. :huh:
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My hands have definitely changed. I'm short and my hands are tiny, but they were really chubby. I've lost about 45lbs over the past 3 years. My fingers now are much slimmer. I had a ring on my ringfinger that I can now wear on my thumb.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have chubby, tiny hands too. But I've had them forever, no matter what I weigh.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely did! I lost two full ring sizes in all of them. They are now long and lean (they were always long, but now they are thin). So, yes, you will lose fat there too. You will lose it in places you never thought that you had fat. So, just keep chugging along and eventually you will see the hands that you want.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Yes and I hate them. :cry:

My whole dad's side of the family has them also so I don't think I'm gonna be able to get rid of them. I've just had to come to terms with it.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yup. Tiny fingers, but chunky. I can't stop looking at my hands now, 30+lb down. I've got two little gaps, close to the palm, where the fingers no longer touch! I've another 60+lb to go, so am hoping they slim down even further.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have huge hands. Man hands. Anyways, I've lost almost 40 lbs and my rings fit worse than they did before. Most days, I can't get them over my knuckle.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I lost several sizes on my fingers. I can no longer wear my wedding ring or engagement ring. For a while I could wear some of my old rings, like the promise ring my husband gave me back when we were teenagers, but even that's too big now. I keep nagging him to get me a new ring for Christmas cause I haven't been able to wear any of mine for the last year or so.

I'd say with every 20-30lbs you lose you'll most likely drop a half ring or full ring size.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a red-headed nurse with chubby stubby fingers. I called her Ginger Sausage-Fingers.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I have man hands. Other people don't seem to think so, but my hands are really long for a female my size. While my fingers were never super chubby, I did lose a couple of ring sizes.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    yes they will slim down. dont think i have ever met a slim person with chubby hands
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I lost less than 30 pounds and wasn't overweight to begin with, and I still lost at least a whole ring size. I have small hands (and feet) and my wrists narrowed too- apparently even a 5'4", 140 pound girl carried fat on her hands and wrists. I thought it would only be something very heavy people had, but nope!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I've always had long, skinny fingers and they got even skinnier as I lost weight. Had to get my wedding ring taken down from a 6 to a 4.5 with just a 30 pound loss.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That will def change esp if you have a fair bit to loose! I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings in months!! I think I put them away in June or sometime over the summer & I should have done it long before then. I didn't really think my fingers were chubby until my size 9 rings don't fit anymore. I was able to put on a size 7 in costume jewellery last week which shocked me, I always wore 8-9!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I lost a couple of ring sizes, too. Now I have to be very careful when I make a throwing motion that I don't send my wedding band flying, too. Or wash my hands with liquid soap, I have to be vigilant against sending it down the sink. I can't decide if I should have it resized, or if I should get a new wife and ring... Decisions, decisions...

tCWbzrB.jpg

This used to be tight, now I have a gap (not thigh).

Edited to include photo.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have big hands in general. but i noticed my ring size went down a size after losing some weight
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    omg yes
    I'm down 60 and my wedding rings literally FALL OFF ME. I haven't been able to wear them in months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!