Do you have a target weight to get down to by Xmas day?

Options
I know it is getting quite close to Xmas (yay!), but I was wondering if amongst all of the parties, present wrapping and general festive-ness, do you have a goal weight by the big day? And if so, how far away from it are you?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My aim was 147 (10.5 stone) I'm 149 so getting close. Doubt I will do it though.
    Have you?
  • Tinatot125
    Tinatot125 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My goal was 131lbs by this Saturday as I am going to be enjoying the festive season after that. I got a nice surprise when I stepped on the scale yesterday and it said 129lbs. I was totally shocked I had to check it 3 times. I had a bad cold for 2 weeks and wasn't able to exercise but tried to stick to my calorie goal as much as possible. Seems like it worked. It was the best Christmas present I could get.
  • Chrisdoc1984
    Options
    Goal was 165lbs, its not going to happen though :(

... well, not in time for xmas, but it will get there.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    yes, i am hoping to lose a quarter of a pound. i am a quarter of a pound away. i think i shall avoid eating quarter pounders and i should be good.:tongue:
  • jolancy
    jolancy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can't quite believe it, but I made my festive goal, yaay! Wanted to get my BMI into the normal range, which meant a max weight of 145.7, weighed this morning and I'm 145, hurrah! 51lbs down, only 5 more to go until I reach my original weight-loss goal of 140lbs :-)
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I was looking to get down to 151lb, I joined in a "10lb by Christmas" group at the end of October. It was all going well until last week when I broke a toe and now I can't exercise until January. I kind of rely on cardio to keep my deficit healthy so I'm finding it hard. I think I'll get close but won't quite make it, maybe 152lb. Unless I keep eating panettone that is!
  • linzsides
    Options
    I would like to be 185lbs by New Year's Eve. Still got 5lbs to go so looking doubtful but there again much better than the 221+lbs I would have been if I had not started this regime.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    No but my wallet is lighter!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Mine is half a kilo of turkey...
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To Survive It!!!!!!!! Smile K xo
  • lola0003
    Options
    My aim was to be back in the 8 stones but I'll not make that lol, at 9 stone 3 I am not far off... maybe new year hmmm =D ooo or by my 21st in January x
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Ish. It's a silly thing rather than a real goal, but seeing my weight starting with a 5 on the scales would be good (59.9kg). I'm weighing in at 60.3kg today so I'm not really too bothered, especially as my body fat reading came back as 25.0% this morning.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My goal was 132.5, and I hit that yesterday. I guess 132 would be good!
  • jeroenvandijken
    Options
    no by xmas, but having a huge party on new years eve, so i have a bit of a target weight for that period
  • TimothyWHughes
    TimothyWHughes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did... I'm five kg away so it's definitely not going to happen! But I refuse to be demotivated by that. I shall reflect on my success, watch how I go with the treats and start again in January.

Merry Christmas!

:)
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Last year on Christmas Day, I got down to 200 lbs, but fell off the wagon (again!) just after the first of the year. Got back on track by the first part of July 2013 and set a goal to weigh 200 lbs again by Christmas Day 2013, with an ultimate goal weight of 185 lbs, but no set date for that weight. Well, I'm not quite going to make 200 lbs by Christmas Day as I weight about 219 right now...but I'm proud of myself to have come so close.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    This year was a target weight not to get up to/past, Full term pregnant and my limit was 35lb gain, I've gained 30lb and it's all bump so I'm happy :smile: :drinker:
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My goal, made back in October, was 157 lbs. I've surpassed it :bigsmile:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Not really. Any loss over Xmas makes me happy, but enjoying the holidays with family is more important to me. So I'll have a few days of going over calories, in the grand scheme of things, those few days are a drop in the bucket compared to the past 6 months I've been losing weight. :)
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I wanted to hit 150 pounds by Christmas Day. I was at 154 last week, but I broke the display on my scale so I don't know if I've lost any since then. I'm waiting to get my new scale (Fitbit Aria!) early next week and then I'll see how close I am. It's a little sad to not hit my goal, but a) I'm so close! and b) this is a marathon, not a sprint. Being healthy and smart with my weight loss is more important.