What is your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• Ailorn
    Ailorn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am still at it. Seriously trying to do this when unknown food is around and sweets are everywhere Im still at it. Even if I'm not spot on, I'm logging and thats the hardest thing to keep doing.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    I don't know if it really counts as an NSV because technically a scale is involved, but...

With a BMI of 39.9, I was just downgraded from being "morbidly" obese to just being "severely" obese.

If you don't trust BMI's, please take it elsewhere, I'm pretty thrilled about this ;)
  • vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    walked in a room and being told i looked good by someone I see and a regular basis
  • rhoucheille
    Options
    Yesterday I hit my second goal - 20 lbs gone forever!!! And I have 2 NSVs this week:
    1. I was able to zip up/close the dress that I literally hid under my closet just because everytime I attempt to wear it I always ask my husband to zip it close for me. Also because I can hardly sit down without scaring the crap out of me that I might ruin the dress.
    2. I was able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes again!
  • mehitabel83
    mehitabel83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Was sad at how out of shap and uncomfortable in the weight room I felt now on my second visit to the machine weights corner of the gym. Someone saw my leg presses were at 360# and said "you are a beast!" He had me come do smith squats with him. Yes!
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yesterday I put on my tightest jeans that I haven't worn for a couple weeks.
    they're a size 27 with no stretch, usually I have a viking style war battle with them pulling them over my *kitten*, and wear a big sweater to hide my love handle bits.
    Yesterday, they were loose!
    LOOSE! haha
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Went to the doctor today and weighed 31 pounds less than I did last summer. :bigsmile:
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I've been taking my pants in so that I can still wear them for a while. Yesterday I took in a pair 3 inches at the waist (1 1/2 in on each side).
  • sfdf40
    sfdf40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Our fire department is trying out new aerial apparatus. You have to wear a safety belt to go up in the bucket. The safety belts were all too big for me.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    I had one portion of ice cream and not the entire box.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Added 20 pounds to the bar for my squats :bigsmile:

And then was sore for like three days after LOL
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Ate the Christmas chex mix and treats from my boss and didn't go over my calories...whoa
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    A few this week...

Went to the mall food court and didn't want to eat anything bad. Found a healthy grilled chicken salad and checked the calories on my phone before buying.

Also, today I rode my bike almost 20 miles! Last time, I did 15, but today, I did an extra two laps at two miles each. I could have kept going, but I felt it was going to get dark soon. Burned 1010 calories doing so, and had a great time!
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I packed my lunch for work 6 workdays in a row. Ruined the streak today since we had a end-of-year potluck (granted I did bring in food for it). When I fail to pack my lunch, I tend to make bad choices.

I have been working at getting better at meal planning (I am the cook of the house). When I don't have meals planned, we resort to eating out or having frozen pizza. I have been on a roll with this lately but breaking that streak today since tonight we are having frozen pizza. My husband offered to take care of dinner since I have plans to run with a friend and frozen pizza is the only thing he cooks. I new today would be a bad day, and I am thoroughly enjoying. Can't be good all the time and it feels so good to be naughty!

:)

You're entitled once in awhile! My easy dinner is a frozen pizza too - but I get a Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers and have a nice big salad with it. Perhaps stock up on some of those so your husband can cook you one and it won't be so many calories. They're not half bad, really, and a lot less carbs and calories than any other regular frozen pizza (believe me, I've checked!).
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    when im doing my heavier benchpress, i usually go for 4 sets of 6.
    another regular at the gym was between sets and said "you want a spot?" before my last set.
    i accepted his offer, and got 9 reps on my last set.

i found it pretty interesting what a little sense of security allowed me to do.

felt great.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Today a coworker said 'are you getting skinnier everyday?!' I've been maintaining. :-)
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I completed day 3 of week 5 in the couch to 5k program for the treadmill. 20 minutes of non-stop running!
    I still remember watching the seconds tick by trying to finish the first 3 minute stretch!!!
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I had just woken up and walked down the stairs to let my dog out. As I was walking down the stairs my sweat pants fell down to my ankles. They were always pretty snug on me, so I was surprised (in a good way) :).
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Looking at the giant gift "tower" of treats someone sent me and thinking "no way, no how" without any difficulty at all. They don't know I'm losing weight, so it was well-intended. The treats are going to a local business' holiday treat table, with absolutely no regrets :-)
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    REALLY impressive cycling! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!