PCOS Ladies

Options
13»

Replies

• Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and so far, so good with the weight loss. I hope it doesn't become a problem.
  • erindellamore
    erindellamore Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS and wouldn't mind making a few friends on here. Personally, I was diagnosed 10 years ago. I'd like to blame my weight gain on it but I have to hold myself accountable for making bad food choices too. After finally seeing an endo like many women on here, I was prescribed a low dose of Metformin as well. I took it for 2 months and gave it the boot. I lost more weight in those two months than I do now, but I typically maintain a steady 2lb loss per week with strict calorie limits and vigorous exercise. I refuse to believe that my body will be like this forever, and personally I can't stand being on medication. Since I flipped my diet and exercise habits I've seen nothing but amazing (and quick) results. It's not for everyone, but meds just aren't for me. Trying to heal my body naturally...
  • Diefeinbaker
    Diefeinbaker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with pcos in August, feel free to add me as a friend
  • arteatchoke
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS almost ten years, through a series of twist and turns that ended up being the final result. I have never thought much about it sense just took birth control which helped regulate my period (I had no period with out) I have many of the unpleasant side effects: excess facial hair, and also carry almost all my weight in my abdomen. Recently over the last two years I lost 60 lbs with the help of my birth control I believe. After about a year on this pill, I started having some unpleasant side effects which eventually lead me to the decision to get off the pill two months ago, sense taking myself off, my other issues I was having ended and old ones have returned! Oh Joy! Inthe two months sense getting off the pill I have gained almost 20lbs! which took me so long to get off, My hormonal acne has come back with vengeance, and my period is slowly but surely becoming practically non- existent. Has anyone else had these type of issues from getting off the pill with PCOS? I think it may be time to see a doctor and get this under control.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    When I was 14, I had a softball size cyst on my right ovary that caused me to lose that ovary. It took 20 years of pain, suffering, and uncontrollable weight gain before I was finally diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get proper treatment due to lack of insurance and limited resources. I currently have a growing cyst on my left ovary (diagnosed in the emergency room after a partial rupture), but no resources to have it dealt with.

I was normal weight when my first PCOS symptoms started, but began to rapidly gain weight after that, so I feel pretty confident that the ones who say weight causes PCOS rather than the other way around are full of crap.
  • amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    PCOS can come with varying symptoms. Not everyone has the same symptoms. =)

I have Polycystic Ovaries, Fibrocystic Breasts, Massive Weight Gain but NO INSULIN RESISTANCE, Normal Periods, Clear Skin NO acne, No Excess Hair Growth EXCEPT a tiny bit on my chest but I blame that from shaving my whole body every week when I was a teenager, and rapid Mood Swings.

=)
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    As awful as it sounds, isn't it lovely to know you're not alone? :flowerforyou:

Hi, I'm Meagen, 23, diagnosed with PCOS last year after gaining about 30 pounds within a month (that's what sparked the tests). I'm in this journey for the long haul, as I've been diagnosed with PCOS, hypothyroidism, & insulin resistance.

I am always looking for ladies who lose weight similar to the way I do, understand the frustrations of the infertility/weight gain/sensitivity of the issue!

All of you ladies are free to add me! I look forward to supporting you along this rough patch in our lives! :flowerforyou:
  • kneal1213
    kneal1213 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also on Spirnolactone, they didn't put it on it for the cysts however but for the excess hair growth. While it did not completely get rid of the hair growth it did slow it down and reduce the amount greatly.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Hypothyroid. I am only medicated for thyroid. I take Levothyroxine and cytomel. My symptoms are coming back...I am always soooooo cold, thinning hair, brittle nails and extremely dry skin. I get my blood tested on Monday.

In the meantime, I see a bariatric doctor for weightloss. LIFESTYLE CHANGE, no surgery. She has me on High Protein and low carbs. It seems to be working. I have lost 39 pounds since August. I find if I stick to it I lose and when I cheat...I DON'T!

Good Luck!!!