Replies

• bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Guillotine.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    FAST is a tall order with fitness. I suggest you control what you eat, and start a running program.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How fast is fast? Even if you lose two pounds a week (upper limit of healthy) That would still be 12-14 weeks.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Cut your legs off? :tongue:

Seriously.....slow and steady is the healthy way. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    liposuction
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    How fast is fast? And why so fast? It's possible to lose "weight" quickly, but most of that weight will be water. If you want to lose fat, you're gonna have to give it some time and dedication.
  • sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well... being on myfitnesspal is definitely an excellent start. Counting calories alone will be beneficial. Exercise is also essential. Start off slowly, but be persistent. That's an area I've definitely been lacking in, but even by counting calories I've been losing weight. However, I've been doing crunches with weights, which has helped.

Either way, it might be hard to lose that much weight quickly. The best way (at least I've found) for figuring out calories is to do your TDEE (look up fitness frog or something like that) minus 20%. I found that when I was trying to stick to the 1200 calories MFP said I should be having, I was always hungry & tired.

Good luck with this! Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't go as quickly as you'd like. It's a long process, but definitely worth it!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I log in consistently & try to encourage friends when I can :smile:
  • KeishaGettinFit25
    Options
    We'll I guess I mean the fastest way possible with still being healthy. I'm just kind of confused about the whole thing. Some people tell me if I work out too much now that I will just be building muscle inside the fat. How do I lose the fat if not excersize? I need like a fitness educated diet buddy. Lol any takers
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    liposuction

+1
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    We'll I guess I mean the fastest way possible with still being healthy. I'm just kind of confused about the whole thing. Some people tell me if I work out too much now that I will just be building muscle inside the fat. How do I lose the fat if not excersize? I need like a fitness educated diet buddy. Lol any takers

Exercise and manage your diet simultaneously, starting now, and you'll reap the benefits ASAP. Forget the advice of anyone telling you not to build muscle. Muscle will do you a world of good in fat loss.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Run away from the people who told you that. Never listen to them about ANYTHING.

Read the forums, ask questions and educate yourself.
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is what is deemed as healthy. Healthy weight loss isn't fast. Took me two to three months to lose 23 pounds. Just have to stay dedicated to a plan, stick with it, and you'll start seeing results. Best of all, you'll feel a lot better.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Plug all of your info into MFP with a reasonable weekly goal (no more than 1lb per week if you only have 25 pounds to lose). Follow the program and eat at least some of your exercise calories back. It works.

Or you can go with the TDEE method, which you can read all about here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Either way, it's going to take a little while. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit to lose weight, and exercise for fitness.
    But the good news is, if you stick with it and build healthy long-term habits, you'll likely have long-term success. :smile:
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you are eating at a caloric deficit then it is unlikely you will build much muscle at all.

If you don't exercise it is more likely that you will will lose muscle and fat.

Stregnth training while you are just starting out may cause a little muscle gain, and will at least preserve your lean body mass.

Btw there is nothing wrong with muscle. It makes you look "toned" and it increases your resting metabolic rate.
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Look up Dr Michael Mosley's 5:2 diet. This is devised from a scientific level and also a dietitian.

It is a nice change they don't try and flog any powders or bars. Simply provide the real truth.
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you are only about 25 lbs overweight, then losing 25 lbs will take you much more time than it would for someone who is a hundred pounds or more over weight. If you were pushing the scales at well over 400 lbs you might even lose 25 lbs in a few weeks. However, most people seeking to lose 25 lbs are probably only 20-30lbs overweight and you will probably find that if you set the usual 2lb fast goal in MFP you will lose something like 5 lbs in your first week, 3 in your second week, 2 in your third week, 1.5 in your fourth week, and your rate will keep creeping down slower and slower like that for the rest of the process. Your body does not like to lose those last pounds. You will do yourself a favor by just not focusing on speed and instead focusing on just getting some momentum in the right direction.
  • KeishaGettinFit25
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?????
    Not fast, but I have some suggestions.

Set your goals up in MFP to lose 11.5 pounds per week since you have so little to lose. Eat within your calorie allotment and record everything you put into your mouth. Weight all solid food and measure all liquids. If you exercise, eat a portion of those calories back.

Slow and easy does it.
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?????
    Not fast, but I have some suggestions.

Set your goals up in MFP to lose 11.5 pounds per week since you have so little to lose. Eat within your calorie allotment and record everything you put into your mouth. Weight all solid food and measure all liquids. If you exercise, eat a portion of those calories back.

Slow and easy does it.

I don't think the poster intended to recommend a MFP goal of 11.5 pounds per week. That was a probably a typo of 1.5 lbs per week. Otherwise all good advice. A scale and measuring cups are especially essential.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Quick.. into the time machine!