Calling all WOMEN (esp pear-shaped)

Options
Hello all....

I have a dilemma! I am at GOAL WEIGHT (yayy for me). I was thinking about losing another 10 pounds. However I think I look good at this weight...I dance around in the mirror and for some reason can't stop looking at myself..sorry about that...

BUT I would love to lose in the hip area. (I am well aware that we can't spot reduce) So that lead me to think I wonder what is the average hip size of a woman....an average woman ( not the Halles and the Kates) but regular women like me....I am a true definition of a pear hips wider than shoulder....

So I said all of that to say.... What is your hip size and your height?
P.S. I understand if you don't want to share bc I would be very reluctant...but I am also nosey!! So please help!

Hip size 43
Height 5'3.5

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am very far from my weight goal--I have at least 80, probably closer to 100, pounds to go. My hips are at 52 inches and I am 5'2.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2", I currently weigh 179.5 and I think my hip size is about 48. Well, it might be a little smaller, I'm not sure. I haven't measured since right before I began working out and since then I've lost 5.5 pounds and can fit into a smaller size of jeans. So maybe 46 or 47?
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 with a hip size of 45". i still have 30 lbs to go!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and right now my hips are 44". Haven't measured my shoulders.
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    Mine's more booty than hips. From front I look narrow. It's when I turn to the side that you see my "width".

I'm 5'8'' and I'm 41" at my biggest part of my butt and 28" at my waist (within 10-15 pounds of my goal weight).

The important thing is that YOU are happy with your body. Everyone is so different! Congrats on not only not hating the mirror, but actually loving it! YAY YOU!!!!
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    I'm about 5'6" and my hips are about 40inches
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 165
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 40
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my hips are 43 1/2 but I still have 22 lbs before goal and maybe another 15ish after that.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I'm pretty average sized (high range of normal BMI), and more of an apple/hourglass than a pear. I struggle more with thigh size than with hip size.

Height: 5' 4"
    Weight: 149
    Hips: 39"
    Waist: 32.5"
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am not pear shaped, I am hourglass shaped, but I'll post anyway. Keep in mind that I still have over 75 pounds left to lose.

Height: 5'10"

Hips: 50"
    Waist: 38"
    Chest: 51"
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I did a test and it called me pear shaped too. Here are my measurements from last month. I have lost another 5 pounds since then. I have very pronounced hips and look wide across the front. I am losing weight slowly across my butt, but I don't think I will lose much more across the front view due to bone structure. I have about 20 pounds left to goal weight.

CW: 168.9
    Height: 5'8"
    Bust: 38.5"
    Hips: 43"
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to your target weight!!! That's a huge accomplishment :)

I am a little over 5'9 and my goal weight is 155-160
    Currently however, I am 184.4lbs and my hips are at 41inches

However, when I started they were at 43.5 and that was 20lbs ago, so i'm hoping for about 37-38 inches when I'm at my final goal weight :) Hope this helps...oh, and i'm an hour glass shape.
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!! I am 5'3", and roughly 32-27-41 :smile:
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty average sized (high range of normal BMI), and more of an apple/hourglass than a pear. I struggle more with thigh size than with hip size.

Height: 5' 4"
    Weight: 149
    Hips: 39"

I'm more of an hour glass and my thighs are refusing to budge too ... It's very frustrating.

Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 159
    Hips: 40"
    Waist: 30"
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am currently 157 lbs and my hips are 40.5 inches. They spread more after I had a baby. :sad: I wish they would shrinks some. I lost 14 lbs so far, (not updated on my ticker) and I have lost .5 of an inch of my hips. *Sighs*

ETA; I am 5'3
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    im 5'4"

33 bust, 24 waist and 35 hips

you might think that is small..... BUT

i have huge thighs! 21"

(weight 111pounds)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    "back in the day..." when I graduated high school I weighed 136 pounds, bust was 36B, waist was 26 and hips 38. I am 5'5". My problem even then was my thighs. I would have to buy pants a size larger to fit the thighs and take in the waist (a bunch) and the hips. Just finding pants that somewhat fit was a nightmare. All that is just a fond memory now....
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats, nothing like a little mirror dancing!
    I'm 5'2" 126lbs
    bust 36
    waist 31
    hips 38
    Met my goal and decided to try for another 10 lbs off.... 8 to go!
    :wink:
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    36-30-41 with 24.5 thighs ugh. 4lb to goal and 5ft 11.