two days of bad choices. what to do

Options
I was doing well for a few weeks and the past two days... Chinese food, Mexican food, chocolate. I don't even want to know how many calories I inhaled. Now I feel sick, tired, bloated. Should I just get back on track? How many days until I feel better physically?

Replies

• staveshabr
    staveshabr Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    that was yesterday today is a new day eat something fulfilling and push yourself to do a workout and you'll be feeling better tomorrow i've been there several times
  • clsindc
    clsindc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, of COURSE you should get back on track! Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and climb back on that wagon. No one can give you a specific number of days until you feel physically better, but you will likely feel better even after your first day of being back on track.

Best of luck. You can totally do this.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I overdo like that, if I get back to eating well and moving some I usually feel better in one or two days. And you will do better if you realize this will happen every now and then so don't just give up. Get back to your plan and move on...no excuses and no giving up! Good luck.
  • La_Nikita3131
    Options
    I did the same thing last night and I feel horrible today.. I feel your pain!! ..:sad: But today Im going to make better choices it is a new day for both of us!!
  • Transformer711
    Options
    Keep going. Don't throw in the towel on weeks of hard work because of two bad days. Everyone who's lost, or is in the process, of losing weight has been in your position before. Just get back on the wagon and forgive yourself.

Also, if you have weighed yourself and found that the scales have shot up, don't worry - most of that weight is probably water which you'll lose in a couple days once you start going again.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    YES! Don't give up just because of a few bad days!!!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same track. I've been eating a LOT of junk food lately.

Just get back on the horse and drink lots of water. Don't restrict to make up for what you over ate or anything like that. Just go back to eating healthier.
    I normally feel better right away, but everyone is different :)
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and move on. You know what needs to be done so get to it.:happy:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If I felt terrible after eating Mexican food, Chinese food, or chocolate, I'd be more worried about my mental state than anything else. I eat all kinds of foods. I only feel sick afterward if it wasn't cooked properly. Otherwise, it's all in your head.
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thx. I'm actually craving healthy food after two days of crap. I bet I ate 8000 calories. Ugh. Well, back to logging and being in control!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Two days of choices you're not happy with? Log them and move on. Start making choices you're happy with right now. If you think you should get out and move more, do that too.

Eat, log, excercise, log, rest, sleep, repeat.
  • BePawsitive
    BePawsitive Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself. Start right now and get back on track. Don't tell yourself, I will do it tomorrow or I will start it on January 1st. We will always have the chance to start tomorrow, but never right now.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Just start back at it today. Remember you didn't gain the weight from 2 days of eating too much, but from months and years of it. Sure you will likely put a little weight on. Some will be fat, the majority will be water retention.

Second, consider why you did this. Are you over restricting yourself food wise so you never eat the foods you love because you think their are unhealthy instead of working smaller portions of them in keeping within your calories? Is it that your calorie restriction is too aggressive (for many people 2 pounds per week is way too high a goal, for some even 1 pound would be too much) Are you exercising and not eating back your exercise calories? Or was this some sort of emotional eating?

Once you have an idea of why you did what you did, you can start to make changes that would help avoid it such as incorporating some of the food you love within your calorie goal, changing your weight loss goal, eating back at least a portion of your exercise calories, or taking that emotion or whatever that is pushing you to eat and focusing it on something else like exercise or some other productive thing away from food.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had a whole month of semi not great choices.. It happens... just move on. :P
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Thx. I'm actually craving healthy food after two days of crap. I bet I ate 8000 calories. Ugh. Well, back to logging and being in control!

8000 calories is a huge amount of food, even with the high calories of many of the foods you mentioned. To put it in perspective 8000 calories would be the equivalent of almost 15 Big Macs.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track. I've had a similar week because I went on a trip and ate out for every single meal, though I did log as closely as I could. I gained a little, but I'm back on track now. The option is to just keep gaining... and that isn't something I want for myself.
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Point taken. Ok, more like 6000 cals and that is not overestimating. I don't know why I did it. Felt like, ok, take two days off and just eat whatever. But then I ate like it was my last two days on earth.
  • marissa2224
    marissa2224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I ate about 4,000 yesterday. Oops. I logged it all and moved on. Today is a new day. You won't regret getting back on the wagon, but you most certainly will regret giving up! In the grand scheme of things, you may have set yourself back a week or two, but what does that matter if this is a lifestyle change? You may have days like this when you've reached your goal, too. So what? No big deal. Drink a lot of water, move more, go lighter in the food department for a few days. You'll feel way better if you do this than if you throw in the towel . Good luck & don't be so hard on yourself!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Two days of choices you're not happy with? Log them and move on. Start making choices you're happy with right now. If you think you should get out and move more, do that too.

Eat, log, excercise, log, rest, sleep, repeat.

^ this
  • rainybblady
    rainybblady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Absolutely get right back on track!! I have been there many times in the past few weeks, and I am sooo glad that I did not throw in the towel and give up as I have so many times before. You will feel better as soon as you are back on track. Exercise today would be very good for the endorphins and sense of accomplishment. Believe me I am fighting the same battles. Have a great day!