Slowly Getting There! 30 lbs Down!

Options
This is me, posting my "Before" and my "Not-There-Yet-But-Seeing-Progress" pics!

First, a little about me. I'm 24, a stay-at-home mom of 3 little munchkins ages 4, 2, and 2 weeks old. My husband and I have been married for 6 rather crazy years during which we moved 5 times and he's changed jobs 6 times. Add a new kid every two years, and I'd say that's pretty stressful. I've gained about 60 lbs since the wedding, and he's gained about the same I think. Last January we decided we were tired of being obese - not just overweight, but obese - and started the Insanity workout DVDs. (Yes, they were insane!) Me and the hubbs worked-out about every other day for a month or so till we realized neither of us was very motivated, and then we dwindled to a stop.

I still walked for about 30 minutes a day on my treadmill, watched what I ate, and tried to stay away from so much soda. (My husband and I could share a 2 liter in one evening and have nothing left over!) We started buying it in cans so that we could limit ourselves easier, now 1 can a day is more than enough.

In April, we found out we were having baby #3 and that really put a halt on things. I quit working-out entirely and devoted myself fully to puking my guts out for 3 months. (Morning sickness should be re-named to all-day sickness!) After that, I just went back to watching what I ate here on MFP, about 1500 calories a day and eating back any exercise calories I managed to whip up. Baby #3 was born on Dec 3rd, I weighed myself on Dec 14th and was completely blown away with the scale! 184 lbs! I haven't weighed that in over two years! My next goal is 30 lbs by Easter. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing with my food intake, but add some exercise and weightlifting.

If I could give anyone advise, it would be that no matter how many times you try and fail, 5 times, 10 times, it doesn't matter! Get back up! I've been on MFP for years and just this year started getting weight off! You can do it! Also, try to find someone to lose weight with, working out with my husband, even for that short time, was really awesome. And my mom and I are both on MFP and we try to keep each other on track. And lastly, take before pics! They'll be super embarrassing until you get results, but you'll love to see the side-by-sides!
(hope these pics load right...)

Before_zpsf8f504bb.png.html[img][/img]During184lbs_zps47a70be0.png.html[img][/img]

Replies

• anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on both your success & new baby!! I can't see the pics though
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your newest munchkin :D
    You're looking really good! Now that you're at that point of "oh wow, it's really happening, I'm actually losing weight" i promise the journey will be even more fun and rewarding!!!! (If you can imagine that haha)
    So excited for you :)
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations upon the way you controlled your eating
    while waiting for Baby #3!

There's such a marvelous improvement in the way
    your clothes fit in the second set of photos.

Best wishes for the journey to attaini your Easter goal.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING
  • staveshabr
    staveshabr Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!
    You lost that weight while pregnant???
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!

Extra - super amazing
  • MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!

Extra - super amazing

Thanks! It wasn't easy, but it did get a little easier as I kept going :)
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I saw a picture of me when I was eating whatever and it looked like I had eaten whatever. I looked so gross and I'm sure people thought, "this girl needs to lose weight." I am working to lose it, I don't want to be fat....no no no! Good Luck, you will succeed!!
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You can really see a big difference congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!