Running and weight loss advice?

Options
I'm an active running I run every morning, about five or six miles. Sometimes more than that. However I was wondering and thought I would see what you all think of this idea. But using myfitnesspal as Weight Watchers. As in, counting everything else but not counting fruits and vegetables. Would I still see weight loss with this idea? Or should I at least count vegetables?

Replies

• wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Unless they have no calories, and they all do, count them. You see weight loss by eating fewer calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight, not from any creative logging.

Really though, what's the purpose of not counting them?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    If you eat a really small potato = 100 calories

a really small apple = 75 calories

a handful of carrots? = 30-50 calories

a banana? = 80-100 calories

Eat it, log it.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Log it-- you would be surprised how quickly it can add up. I know people who eat really healthy but they eat a lot so they gain weight or maintain their weight.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Log everything. A medium banana is 120 calories alone. Log everything. All your carb shots and fuels (some are as high as 200 calories), log all the fruits and veggies you eat, everything.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Log everything, though running all by it self will make you loose weight. I have to eat a lot to keep myself from losing anymore weight from running!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    If you can burn more than you take in and not log fruits and veggies, more power to you
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many fruits and vegetables you eat. As others have pointed out those calories can add up FAST! I believe in logging everything.

I usually find that mixing and matching favorite parts of different programs rather than following one program as intended usually doesn't result in the desired results on the scale.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Fruit and vegies have cals so yes I think you should count them
  • VegGirl94
    Options
    I do typically burn more calories with my running. Many of my runs anymore are around fifty or a little over an hour long.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I do typically burn more calories with my running. Many of my runs anymore are around fifty or a little over an hour long.

Well, it seems you have made up your mind. However, MFP is not WW. We count everything here. If you think your way works, good for you.