How do you log the 30day shred??

Options
I just started the 30 day shred.

What category of exercise, how long, etc do you put yours under???????

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    interval training? circuit training? im not sure what one is on here.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training - I'm sure it's not totally correct, but others who use HRM say it is close.

Vickie
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I am using the same formula as circuit training too, but I created a new entry so I could name it 30 Day Shred so I could differentiate between my actual circuit training workouts and the DVD. One of my yoga instructors lent me his heart monitor this week, so I am going to do the 30 Day Shred using this and see for myself how accurate it is. I will post later with an update.

And good for you, doing the Shred -- it's a good little workout! I am on Day 5.

Lucy
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i used the circuit training selection
    1319968.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    How do you like the 30 day shred? I am thinking of buying it : )
  • rjacobsen11
    rjacobsen11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    has anyone used a heart rate monitor when doing the JM 30day shred/ level 1?
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Well today was day one and for a 20min workout, it kicked my a**. I have worked out on a fairly regular basis but really needed some more cardio. I had contemplated skipping level 1 and going straight to level 2. I am so glad that I didn't. It was a good workout. I just hope I can stick with it.

To Lucy:: Does it get easier each day??? I need to work on my endurance.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 30 day shread today! Im excited to start it tonight after the little one goes to bed.....
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I watched 30DS first and thought it would be simple, then I actually tried it.....

On day 3 three now and some of the moves still have me licked. I love that it's so quick though, much easier to make myself do that than an 80 minute aerobics dvd.
  • CrystalRM
    CrystalRM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought this DVD and I'm relieved to hear that I've logging it the same as a lot of you. I was nervous that I was way off! LOL It's a great workout!! Though the weights were really hard for me! Clearly I need to do some major work on that area, but instead of causing myself a near heart attack like yesterday, I just used the larger soup cans (1 lb 2 oz) instead of 3 lb weights.... still made me work, but I wasn't so shaky when I finished.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Funny that you posted about this. today was my first day doint 30 day shred and i found a problem logging in as well but i found this website where you put your lbs in and how long you do the exercise and it gives you how many calories you burned. (MFP wasn't adding the calories when i tried to create an exercise on here)

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i used my candle holders for weights lol too funny
  • HerbieSue
    Options

I don't log my exercise...........but I moved on to level three Saturday...............and I am going back to level 2! Wow! I was sweating bullets just during the first circuit! I love it though as I agree with the above poster, it seems to go by so fast, and you are done!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options

Well today was day one and for a 20min workout, it kicked my a**. I have worked out on a fairly regular basis but really needed some more cardio. I had contemplated skipping level 1 and going straight to level 2. I am so glad that I didn't. It was a good workout. I just hope I can stick with it.

To Lucy:: Does it get easier each day??? I need to work on my endurance.

Yes and no :) It does get easier because your endurance gets higher and you get stronger, but then again on your second day it might be a bit tough because your muscles will likely be a bit tired from the day before. I was going to do 10/10/10 on the workouts, but I have decided to alternate them. I did workout 1 for the first three days, then workout 2 -- think I will do that again, then go to 3 and start again. I actually think 2 was a bit easier than 1, we'll see how 3 is.

BTW, I love the soup cans and candlestick holders, that is awesome! Do what you can to make it work girls! :)
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options

Christine, I would definitely say go for it! I do a wide variety of things to work out. My primary is power yoga, I run, bike, walk, do sports, take a circuit class at the gym, I have tons of Firm DVDS, etc. and this is my new fave thing (well, 2nd to yoga). The combination of strength, cardio and abs is great, and the intervals (3 mins/2 mins/1 min) makes it bearable if you are struggling or weren't in the mood to work out. I also like the way you can modify most of the circuits if you need and then work your way toward getting more advanced. I have a lot of endurance already and I have to work on some of these to keep up with the advanced girl. And who can't find 20 minutes in the day?!
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i've used an heart rate monitor. i didn't do it today, and can't for the next few days..i've had a tooth pulled today. but i love it..u feel and see effects after the first week