women around 5'7" what is your goal weight?

Options
And what is current weight, and what do you do (just cardio, lift, etc.)

I don't really have one and I want to see what other people are now and what they want to be and i'm 5'7" I'm around 160

Replies

• KittyLizz
    Options
    59kg (130 lbs) Which I have reached! :)

20 mins of cardio 6 days a week
    20 mins strength training
    + 60 squats, 30 sit-ups
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    5'6.5" goal weight is 145. That's a nice low (not extreme) bodyfat % for me at typical levels of muscle.

Currently 218, working with some exercise restrictions - so lots of low-impact cardio (knees won't permit running until below 200). Have been doing weights and LOVE and rec lifting, but am backing off for a bit, as I can't do a balanced workout. So lots more isometric & yoga-ish things...but not my 1st choice.
  • tembii
    tembii Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 135lbs, aiming to mostly just tone and slim, around 130lbs or so! I run on my tread mill and like to do squats and leg toning exercises c:
  • crystalrose_tina
    crystalrose_tina Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8' and my goal weight is 145lbs!

Currently I at 165lbs. I've been in the 157-165lbs range for months now because I can't stop myself from overindulging in late night desserts >.<

Besides that I weight train 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes and do cardio 5-6 days a week for about 30-70 minutes
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    For me it's about 145. 145 and lifting regularly for more than a couple of months would be perfect:)

You might like this thread also:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926578-success-stories-for-5-7-5-8-ladies
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7" and weigh 132 right now. I'm pretty much at my goal weight - I've stopped weighing myself and don't focus on my weight anymore. I would like to be more toned in the tummy area before I'm 100% satisfied with my body. I run and attend fitness classes at my gym (Bodypump, insanity, tabata).
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    5'6.5"
    CW: 340
    GW: 130

Eat: poultry, lots of veggies, some fruit, beans in moderation, nut butters for extra protein in moderation (Eat what I want on Sunday also in moderation)

Run/Jog 10-20 minutes then weights as follows
    Monday: upper body
    Wednesday: core and back
    Friday: lower body
    Saturday: workout video (currently using P90X)

Rest of my week:
    Tuesday & Thursday: yard work/detailed house cleaning/dancing
    Sunday: Rest
    **In addition to slowly increasing my daily activities (walking to the store instead of taking the car, when I have to take the car I park far away to get extra steps in)
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    5'7" and my goal is around 140, possibly more depending on how much muscle I gain. I'm shooting for something I know I can maintain.

Currently 154.
  • beammcd
    Options
    I am 5'6" and currently 164 with a goal weight of 135. I run 3 days a week and try to fit in 1-2 days of strength training in between run days.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    5'6"

CW: 140
    GW: 130

I was at 130 for awhile but with major life stresses going on over the last two years, I lost my focus on 'me'.

Now I am back at it.

I am a cardio queen and working at incorporating weights. Just joined a gym and researching plans to follow. Just read NROLFW which was a good read but the plan is overwhelming to me.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    CW: 218
    GW: 140

I do an hour of intervals on the elliptical 2-3 days per week and Jillian Michaels Body Revolution 3-4 days per week. In January I start Crossfit in place of JM videos.
  • klmorg1227
    klmorg1227 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5'6"

CW 140.4
    GW anywhere between 139 and 143
    I am on maintenance

I run 4 days a week 3 to 4 miles, do elliptical 2 x's a week for 5 miles, do weights and toning 3 days a week and 600 crunches 6 days a week. I take Sundays off.
  • gogojenniko
    gogojenniko Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'7
    i want to see what i am at 155 or so initially. i feel like anything below that is too small for me...
    currently doing JM dvds.
    might be taller after back surgery in may but that's my goal so far.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"
    HW 229
    CW 180
    GW 150

I just walk 3 days a week or use my elliptical.
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have more of a goal range than a goal weight...I'm currently at 125 lbs at 5'7 and am happy with anything between there and 130. That being said, as I do more strength training I won't be freaking out if my weight goes up from building muscle :)
  • snkissedsc1
    snkissedsc1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started this journey in 2009. Four years later I have gone from 238 to 178.7lb, however I recently re-gained 10 lb. Getting back on the wagon. Hoping to get to 155 lb. What a terrible time of year to start....
  • sheriece2013
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2 & I weigh 221lbs. My goal weight is 185 lbs. but according to my height or bmi I'm supposed to weigh 165lbs. :/
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and my goal weight is 150 for now. I'm at 170 currently. I would eventually like to get down to 135-140 though.

Right now, I am not training or working out regularly. I do practice a lot of yoga and pilates at home though.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have a very narrow frame. My ultimate goal weight right now is 135, but like others, I will aim for a range of between 130 and 140. I'm currently at 157. It's within the healthy weight range for my height, but still too much on my very small frame. I mostly only count calories, though I walk a few times a week for an hour/ hour and a half, and run 2-3 times a week for half an hour. I don't do much strength training yet.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I'd like to get down to 150 or so, or whatever would be about 20% bodyfat. I strength train (the big 4) 5 days a week, do LISS cardio on off days, and eat roughly 1800 calories per day (losing about 1lb/week).