From the beginning of the year to the end... minus 60+lbs!

Options
This year has seen me completely change my life. I started it weighing 270lbs or thereabouts, miserable, and in pain all the time from fibromyalgia. I'm ending it down at 207/208lbs feeling amazing, exercising regularly (and loving it!) and eating completely differently too. My fibro is gone! Thank the Lord, it was so hard for so many years!

I'm still midway through my journey... I still have a long way to go, and I'm still "obese". But I hope this serves as inspiration for some of you. You CAN do it! Just make small sustainable changes - they add up to big things.

THANK YOU to all of you for being here, without this community I don't think I would've necessarily accomplished what I have this year.

front1_zps071e4732.jpg

side1_zpsa9412c67.jpg

comparison3bs_zps3d81dc72.jpg

armscompare_zpsd6f5c945.jpg

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    congrats ! :flowerforyou:
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Congrats, how tall are you? I started at 267 myself.
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm 5'8".
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    You look great! Congrats :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Wonderful inspiring post!!! WTG lady!

I am similar sized...5'8" and currently 204 lb, started MFP in March 2013 at 262 lb. (all time high for me was 307 lb in 2008)

Very cool to see before/after photos of someone with a similar body and loss (I didn't take before/afters)!!!!! Thank you for posting these pics.
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Looking beautiful! Congratulations on your success!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo!! looking good and excellent progress....make 2014 the year to reach that goal...I know I will be going for it!!

:flowerforyou:
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I will definitely hit my goals this coming year... I'm sure of it! :D
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look younger too!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Congratulations...I'll look forward to seeing the December 2014 pictures! :drinker:
  • warrenrose12
    warrenrose12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You have changed your life well done , Those photos tell the story, what a transformation, stay strong you deserve to be happy looking very positive way to go.:happy:
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great job, you're looking fabulous! I am looking forward to seeing the Dec 2014 photos :happy:
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Onward and downward. Looking great!
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job !!!!
  • losing88
    Options
    Wow! Look at the progress you made!! Congrats
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! :) Congrats & thanks for sharing!!!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    You've had a great year!
    I'm so glad that your weight loss rid you of the fibromyalgia.
    Best wishes for the remainder of your Weight Loss Journey!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Great progress and wonderful news on the fibromyalgia front. Can I ask what you think attributes to it being gone? That is amazing! I was diagnosed with it in 1996 and though I don't have severe symptoms I have never thought it was gone, or it was possible to be gone? I am very curious about this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!