Have you accomplished your 2013 goal(s)?

Options
2»

Replies

• Madmarsha
    Options
    I"m ahead but not physically.

I'm ahead because I finally GET IT and things make much more sense to me now. So the physical will eventually be where it needs to be.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Nope... lost 86 lbs in 2011, gained 13 lbs in 2012, maintained that in 2013.

2014... lose 13 lbs, maintain THAT, lift heavy stuff and put it back down consistently, get rid of skinny-fatness.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in the middle of January with no goals at all. I input 220 pounds as my goal weight, but even that felt totally pie-in-the-sky to me. I had no faith at all that this would "work." But it only took about 2 weeks for me to realize, holy crap- "it" doesn't have to work, I do! I bumped my goal down to 160 and haven't looked back.

So I can't think about 2013 in terms of goals, because this year everything changed for me in really fundamental ways. But I definitely have goals for 2014: run 500 miles in the year, run a half-marathon, and keep building strength. Goals are super fun now that I know I can accomplish them!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hit goal, lost another 20ish pounds after that, called second goal and have been maintaining now for a few months. I also did my first 5k, which was a lofty goal for me since I wasn't a runner at the time :)

My advice-focus on maintenance, even while losing weight still. That's the part you'll be doing long term and it's never to early to start coming up with a game plan.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes I did!! In Mar 2013 I set an overall goal to lose 135 lbs. My goal by 25 Dec 2013 was to lose 75lbs and I reached that 2 wks early, so happy....Now I have to continue on this journey and reach my overall goal by 25 Dec 2014. I know I can do this!!!!

Congrats to all you who have reached your goal. Merry Christmas...

:flowerforyou:
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in Feb 2013 at 160 lbs. I started trying to lose weight Jan 30 2013. I originally set out to lose 45-50 lbs by no later than Feb 2014. My best friend is getting married in March 2014 and I am her MOH. I am almost there :)

I decided to stop at the top of my goal range (115 lbs) until after the wedding. I have lost 38 lbs to date and I have about 6-7 lbs left to get to goal. I have to have my dress altered no later than the end of next month so I have until then to get as much weight as I can off. If I don't make my goal.. it's ok, Ive come from wearing a size 12/14 to a now size 6!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    no they got changed in april life happens :bigsmile:
  • YES, I was 265 lbs LAST DECEMBER!! and my goal was AT LEAST back to 200 by my birthday, July...well in July I was 190.Im now 180.....and seem to be maintaining...thats my resolution for 2014, is NEVER be that big again...Ive been a skinny 170 my entire life(I know, I know, my mother had a terrible time delivering me....:laugh: )
    BUT Im not a 265 lber type...I was at the mall with my son and they just got an amusement ride put in....we were boarding, dude said, sir we have a weight limit, I said HA Ill bet you do, kept walking, he said, SIR, I dont think you can get on this ride...I was FLABBERGASTED..NEVER had anyone tell me that before, talking about a wake up...my son was embarrassed....:sad: check out my pics under my profile if you want, i mixed in a before/after pic with the others

request me as a friend if you want also
  • mongie09
    mongie09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose another 20 pounds this year. Instead, I gained 3-5 back.

BUT, I ran a half-marathon--something I never thought I could or WOULD do in my lifetime. I ran it on my 26th birthday.

What I learned from that experience is that your weight is just a number, and looks are VERY deceiving. I loved observing the other runners and noticing their body types. There were so many types! Skinny, not so skinny, muscular, tall, short, narrow, wide, the whole gamut of people. And I'm sure that at least 95% of them finished. And I'm positive a lot of people who were "heavier" than me finished way ahead of me!

We sweat together, we cursed together when those awful hills came up, and we laughed at the funny signs spectators were holding up. One lady even offered me a heated pad when she noticed me wincing and holding my lower back.

I'm not a size 6, but I have a healthy body and I've worked damn hard for it. I'm not going to let a number on the scale or my pants tag take that away from me.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My resolution for 2013 was to eat more cupcakes. No lie. I even bought a cupcake calendar and hung it in my kitchen..

I failed. Epicly. I haven't baked a single cupcake this year. I've eaten exactly ZERO cupcakes.
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying reading everyone's comments and tips.

I didn't mention in my earlier posts about my activity levels for this year.
    I originally thought if I could jog/run a mile in 12-13 minutes, that would be great and good enough. As I accomplished that I felt a need for more speed. Now I can run a mile in 10 minutes. I never thought I would ever be able to do that.
    Some other first times this year was a 10k and two 5k's.

What other things have you been able to do this year that you have never done or thought you could do?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My resolution for 2013 was to eat more cupcakes. No lie. I even bought a cupcake calendar and hung it in my kitchen..

I failed. Epicly. I haven't baked a single cupcake this year. I've eaten exactly ZERO cupcakes.

that's sad. All of the cupcakes are crying! Get one now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!