Starting over... yet again. Ugh.

Options
Pheboh
Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
Hello Everyone:

Like most people on here, I've struggled with my weight over the years. I'm starting over yet again and it feels pretty bad. I started on MFP about 8 months ago and then I had some serious personal troubles and had to give up the gym and I stopped cooking for 4 months. It was a tough thing to give up, especially since I was doing so well, but it was just impossible given that I had literally zero free time. BUT, I'm back now and ready to kick butt!

When I was gone, I was always checking on MPF friends and I've noticed a lot have become inactive, as I did. (Though, some absolutely inspire me because they've remained so dedicated, it's amazing to watch their great progress!)

I'm looking for new friends who are serious, but relaxed about their progress. I don't like friends who chew me out for missing a single workout or going over by 100 calories once a week. When I'm on here, I rock it 95% of the time, but we all need breaks!

Anyone can feel free to add me and we can kick butt together!

Replies

• NewSavta
    NewSavta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Pheboh,
    I did the same thing! Was fine and progressing nicely until July and then I lost the momentum. I really want to get back on the wagon and would appreciate the support.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi Pheboh, count on me ;):happy:
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'll give you 50% of me as long as you give me 50% of you. I can help motivate, write up a meal plan, workout plan etc. I have a relax way of tackling frustrations with weight gain, fluctuations etc. Let me know how I can help.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I don't like friends who chew me out for missing a single workout or going over by 100 calories once a week.

Do people really do that? I log going over 1,000 calories sometimes, and no one says *kitten*. :blushing:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm pretty relaxed but dedicated. I won't read your diary unless you ask me to and I won't judge for missing a workout. I am very supportive and expect the same in return. I'm not super smart but I will do my best to help with exercise and food questions when you have them.
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't like friends who chew me out for missing a single workout or going over by 100 calories once a week.

Do people really do that? I log going over 1,000 calories sometimes, and no one says *kitten*. :blushing:

A couple people did. I deleted them pretty quickly! It's pretty unrealistic!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, I am sending you a friend request! I read all my friends diaries and exercise notes! I am on here everyday! I joined in june of 2012 and have lost over 125 pounds! I think together we can support & encourage each other!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hey me too. It was a TERRIBLE year. I mean, intense. I was doing so well.

Hope everyone doesn't mind but I've sent everyone a friend request in this thread.
  • scronen
    scronen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again on the 1st. I wont chew anyone out! Feel free to add me!
  • g82green
    Options
    I've been here a little over a month now. I really love MFP! I'm sure everybody says this but - if I can do it you can too. I made excuses for years. I never gave MYSELF a chance. I'm here for me. And I'm doing myself proud. Feel free to add me!
  • janetpam
    janetpam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love some ideas on writing a new meal plan. I have been on mine for a long time and I think my body is rejecting the same ol' foods. Weight loss has stopped and now I am going the other way.
  • dosa101010
    dosa101010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Omg I totally understand what you are going through! I am with you to kick butt once and for all! Feel free to add me too!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome back

Just to let you know those 'friends' who were nasty to you about going over calories etc were not friends. Please ditch them they are losers. You know, this is a marathon not a sprint so everyone should be relaxed yet serious about weightloss. I am. I want to get there but I know it's not healthy to lose 14 pounds in like two weeks. So I'm just waiting for it to happen when it does. Good on you for coming back, there are times when we all have to put MFP on the backburner. It is a lifestyle not a diet so this is for life and it follows with our lives through good and bad. The important thing is you haven't given up, because you have come back.

Please add me as a friend if you like, always open to new ones,
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me as well if you like. I can understand the relaxed part..being militant about it is not going to motivate you unless thats what you want...otherwise its just unwanted pressure and this is such a tough journey already!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    BTW, I have a private diary because I feel sort of intimidated that people could know what I eat. What I eat is not healthy at all really, but going to rectify that. If you like you can private your diary. It is up to you if you want people to read it or not, not them.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I am also starting over after my pregnancy..
    Aiming to lose these 35 pounds that I have put on during pregnancy..
    I had lost some 32 pounds last to last year so I am hopeful and trying the same technique
    Would love to be your friend and we can support each other.