ladies time of the month qIuestions ? sorry gentleman

Options
13»

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I need lots of crunchy food so I make sure every meal is on track but very crunchy, celery, cole slaw, apples, nuts...etc. also extra protein and healthy fat.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Why do these threads always contain apologies to men? I don't get it

Because men are really children who can't handle posts about females bodily functions.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Because men are really children who can't handle posts about females bodily functions.

Oh. I suppose they also go 'Eww, ick' every time periods are discussed. Or so all this post would have me believe.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I actually lose weight very slowly all month (like less than 1 lb per week) and then in the 2-3 days leading to the onset of my period I drop 2-5 lb at once. That is a lucky coincidence because I have a lot of sugar cravings at the same time and I'm more motivated to keep it under control since I see lower numbers on the scale right then. During the actual period I stay the exact same weight.
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well as far as PMS goes, the body burns an extra 100 to 300 calories/day (the week before our period) ...which accounts for why most of us feel famished during that time. I don't keep junk food around the house, being if I had cake, cookies, chips, or ice cream here, I would devour MUCH more than I normally would other times of the month. So, if I can't kick a craving, I will go out for a little treat.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Oh. I suppose they also go 'Eww, ick' every time periods are discussed. Or so all this post would have me believe.

Eww, ick!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Don't remind me of it. As a recently-diagnosed diabetic (type 1), it just makes it worse. I gain a bit of weight and hunger increases, but I cannot eat because of out-of-control blood sugars. One day, I would be low for most of the day, and then the next day I would be in the 350's and testing myself every half hour for fears of going back into DKA. The week before it is the worst for my sugars, and once it starts, I cannot do anything for the cramps. Most OTC medications do not work, and when I found heating wraps that work (used them before being diagnosed), I cannot wear them now because they'll affect the absorption rate of my insulin and risk causing me to go really low quickly. Once it stops, it seems like everything goes back to normal.

Being a woman sucks... :grumble:
  • Vanjoo
    Vanjoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey, I understand you have problems and that sometimes we girls have tough situations, but being woman doesn't suck :flowerforyou:

Personally, I feel bloated, sad, angry, and maybe even happy at the same time - so definitely messed up, and these things I can't change.
    BUT, what I can do is eat chocolate, and chips, and ice cream, and that's what I do :glasses:
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty when it's that time of the month, it's hard enough with the days of cramps etc. I have anything I am craving but luckily the hunger is usually only a day, I find it incredibly hard to exercise but keep my calorie deficit then I'm ready to work out likes beast as soon as its finished
  • jelineee
    jelineee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i don't really get cravings during that tom but i do get bloated and cramps
  • Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I get really clumsy, really really clumsy for a couple of days in the middle of the month. Very embarrassing, and when you factor In the emotional sensitivity as well it makes for a fabulous mid month experience. While dieting I've noticed that I don't put on weight but I do stop losing in the two weeks beforehand and then once my period arrives I lose 2-3 lbs in a few days, despite the extra chocolate that I eat. It's not so much that I crave sweet foods, it seems to be more that my will power drops significantly.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't get cravings or have any sort of bloating......and now that I am using an implant again, I don't even have my periods!! YIPPEE!