Rolls

Pumpkin Custard Pie
    Cookies, etc, etc, etc

This will be preceded by a long run or bike ride :wink:

Happy Holidays!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Probably appetizers/something light on Christmas Eve. I'll be cooking 2 Christmas dinners, once on the day itself and again on the 29th for family who can't make the 25th. I'm going to make rib roast one of the days, and turkey the other.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    sounds like eveyone has a good plan!
    i decided to do finger foods for xmas eve. some turkey meatballs, cracker & veggie spread.. some hummus and such..
    plus some drinks fo sure..

for christmas day i am going to my Boyfriends fathers house. I am going to bring a turkey empenada appetizer and some christmas candy pretzels from Pinterest! keeping it simple..
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's just the hubby and I this year, so we are skipping the turkey. Christmas eve is surf n' turf - beef tenderloin, scallops and lobster - with my most awesome risotto. Chistmas day is rack of lamb with pomme puree and roasted root veggies.

And there will be a cheese fondue in there somewhere. And wine. Lots and lots of wine.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A twelve-dish Christmas Eve supper, all vegan, to stay with tradition. Pea porridge, pierogi, kutia, sour soup, etc.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Herb crusted Beef Tenderloin with tarragon mushroom sauce

Scalloped potatoes made with heavy cream and Gruyere cheese

Brussel sprouts with Panchetta and toasted pine nuts

Red Velvet Cheesecake

Yeah, pretty much a calorie Fest.
  • vniemo2
    vniemo2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Smoking a standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, green beans and salad.
  • Floobaloob
    Floobaloob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    christmas I'm having some sort of cooked breakfast, currently thinking scrambled eggs and potato, blue cheese and thyme bread. Then at dinner I'm having roast chicken, potatoes, sprouts and carrots.

Mostly made in advance as I'm working tomorrow and christmas day :(
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day menu:
    Brown sugar glazed ham
    garlic mashed potatoes
    green bean cassarole.

Christmas eve used to alway be ciopinno, but my boyfriend detests seafood so I am not sure what we'll do... Maybe a baked ziti or lasagna.

I'll probably do a breakfast cassarole as well.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ham, green beans, corn, zucchini, salad, rolls, and pieeeeeeeee!
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Plan on making lasagna, garlic knots, pineapple upside down cake and greens..
    I needed a lil veggies but my lasagna will be made with spinach and ground turkey,turkey sausage.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Roast, Salad, Ham, Chestnuts, Rice, Death By Chocolate, Cookies, and some other other forgotten items. Wife to assist or shall I say I shall assist the wife...lol.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve = dinner out with my husband
    Christmas Day = lunch at one of my kids; not idea of the menu (hopefully not a ham), and I am not making anything this time.

Easy does it this year. I cooked a lot for Thanksgiving.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve - Posole and Tamales

Christmas Day - My mom is hosting this year..I think she's doing a rib roast...most likely mashed potatoes and probably roasted brussel's sprouts.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time with this....
    I have worked soooo hard for the passed 6 months I'm just not ready to throw in the towel and give it all up.
    I know... It's CHRISTMAS.. But.... I will defintely be careful and being minful of what I am putting into my mouth.
    Including drinking....
    This is a lifestyle change for me and it includes switching up recipes and eating lighter during the holidays.
    It also does not mean that I will not exercise! Not necessarily traditional (gym or classes), but it will include going outside and playing in the snow, snowshoeing...

I agree and feel the same. I have just struggled too hard. So for me it is cornish hens and vegetables.

I have planned one splurge meal however and that is Christmas breakfast...banana pancakes with caramelized banana syrup and just a little homemade whipped cream. I have already figured the calories so that I can adjust some of my other meals to help absorb some of the extra calories from the pancakes.

I had a 2 week plateau and just this week started losing again...I don't want to mess that up.

It is Christmas however...only once a year. The way that I see it...one meal did not put all this weight on me and one meal won't cause me to gain it all back.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Our Christmas Eve tradition is lasagne. We might switch it up and make a pizza, but no, I'm thinking lasagne sounds pretty good.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    We always buy a whole lot of crab legs for Christmas Eve dinner. We used to also have shrimp scampi, twice baked potatoes, bread, and veggies, but we mostly just ate the crab legs, so we've dispensed with the extras so we can focus on the best part of the meal.

I also make a dessert called Swedish Cream with homemade raspberry sauce for Christmas Eve dinner.

I make a breakfast casserole and caramel pull-apart bread for Christmas morning, and we also enjoy mimosas.

Christmas Day/Night dinner is always different. We haven't found any absolute favorite that has become a tradition. I've made lasagna in the past, lobster bisque, and done appetizers before. This year, we're making stuffed burgers and oven baked steak fries.

I make prime rib on New Year's Day.

Thanks for posting -- I always like to see how others celebrate.
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Noël 2013 (menu elaborated and prepared with my sister)

Hors d'oeuvres

Chicken/pancetta bites
    Lollipop shrimps
    Saucisses en croute bites
    Cocktail wieners in Chinese garlic sauce
    Liver mousse on baguette
    Mini pizzas
    Dill salmon tartare on endives & sesame rice crackers
    Mexican bites
    Mini-chicken meatballs with sweet and sour sauce & tomato sauce dipping sauce
    Petite sandwich pas de croûte au jambon
    Cheeses with crackers & grapes
    Fresh crudités with savory dipping sauce & homemade hummus

Desserts

Chocolate mousses
    Sample portions of carrot cake

Accompanied by bubbly and wine, of course! Not counting calories on Christmas Eve!
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We're doing new england boiled dinner (ham, potatoes, cabbage, carrots) with bread rolls and a bunch of pie. Pumpkin, chocolate, apple.. all dairy free. :smile: I think we're making a chocolate tart as well.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/new-england-boiled-dinner-2
    http://sogoodandtasty.blogspot.com/2011/04/chocolate-coconut-milk-tart-with.html
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I always serve seafood on Christmas Eve. This year it's shrimp cocktail, followed by lobster mac & cheese (Ina Garten's recipe).

We're going out of town a few days after Chjristmas, so I didn't want to many leftovers. Christmas dinner is cornish game hens with honey-dijon glazed carrots and wild rice pilaf. I'm also making fresh cinnamon rolls on Christmas day.