Jawbone UP user reviews

Options
I'm curious about the Jawbone UP. I wanted to try the Fitbit but they are not compatible with Iphone4, only phones after mine. Seems the UP I can connect manually to my Iphone4. Anyone use one? Are they worth the investment or just another toy that you soon grow tired of? Thanks.

Replies

• _Giselle_
    Options
    We all have them in my family, which is fun because the app on your phone is really social. It shows not only your own activity but the activity of your "teammates" too so you can have daily competitions. You can also accept challenges (like "beat last Monday's steps by 4000 today") and then see which ones of you manage to do it.

I love mine, and I use it to track my every day exercise, the stuff you otherwise forget. It motivates me to take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalators and when I get home in the evening and I'm short of my goal I will go out for a walk just to get the extra steps in.

However, I would never rely on it on its own. When I go to the gym or go for a run or power walk I wear my HRM to track my calories. I never log my calories from the UP band on here as exercise. I just see that as bonus burn and a way to make sure I'm as active as I possibly can be when I'm not working out.

I have a desk based job and one of my favourite features is the fact that it vibrates when I've been sitting still for 45 minutes to remind me that it's time to pop out for some air or walk around the building. I also use it as a reminder to drink a glass of water which helps me get to my daily water goals.

I like it and I have used it for about a year and I'm definitely not tired of it but I think it depends on what you're like as a person.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks Giselle, those are the exact things I was wondering about. I also have a desk job and have been using a Polar HRM during exercise. I could certainly use the extra motivation and reminders. Thanks for the input.