anyone ever used sensa?

Options
I was thinking of trying this wondering if anyone else ever had. If you did, did it help you lose weight? Thanks in advance

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of trying this wondering if anyone else ever had. If you did, did it help you lose weight? Thanks in advance

I vote to save your money.
    A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. Save your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep waste of money, just eat in a calorie deficit and get in some exercise, spend the money on other things... Best of Luck
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Save your money!! There is no magic dust or quick fixes. Calorie deficit, exercise and consistency will get you there!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I tried it.
    It was surprisingly crappy.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I can't say I stand by it but my brother-in-law used it with success...until he actually stopped using it - so it was ultimately a failure. It did help him eat smaller portions but as soon as he stopped using it he gained all the weight right back. It works to "trick" your stomach but does nothing for you long term.

The best thing is diet and exercise. The good news is once you learn to eat right you feel so amazing :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    My husband tried a free trial. It did nothing. He sent it back.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Anything you see advertised online for weight loss is usually going to be a gimmick. Its a waste of money, and actually has a warning on one of the ingredients because it is derived from ground up insects.----

Carmine (/ˈkɑrmɪn/ or /ˈkɑrmaɪn/), also called Crimson Lake, Cochineal, Natural Red 4,[1] C.I. 75470,[1] or E120, is a pigment of a bright-red color obtained from the aluminium salt of carminic acid, which is produced by some scale insects, such as the cochineal scale and the Polish cochineal....To prepare carmine, the powdered scale insect bodies are boiled in ammonia or a sodium carbonate solution, the insoluble matter is removed by filtering, and alum is added to the clear salt solution of carminic acid to precipitate the red aluminium salt, called "carmine lake" or "crimson lake." ....Carmine may be prepared from cochineal,[4] by boiling dried insects in water to extract the carminic acid and then treating the clear solution with alum...In January 2006, the United States Food and Drug Administration evaluated a proposal that would require food products containing carmine to list it by name on the ingredient label.[8] It was also announced that the FDA will separately review the ingredient labels of prescription drugs that contain colorings derived from carmine. A request from the Center for Science in the Public Interest urged that the FDA should require ingredient labels to explicitly state that carmine may cause severe allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock and that it is derived from insects was declined by the FDA.[9][10] Food industries were aggressively opposed to the idea of writing "insect-based" on the label, and the FDA agreed to allow "cochineal extract" or "carmine."[11]

Although concerns over hazards from allergic reactions have been asserted,[12] the FDA has not banned the use of carmine and states it found no evidence of a "significant hazard" to the general population.[13] As with any material, the dye may still pose an allergen hazard to a subset of the population

Just a little information, though this food additive is in other foods, but to use it in a weight loss powder that really does nothing for someone is odd, especially since the powder is white not red.
  • jafy1990
    jafy1990 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks everyone !!!