Daylight savings affect anyone else mentally and physically?

Options
Did daylight savings affect anyone else besides me mentally or physically? I wanted to eat everything under the roof today and i have been so tired all day long. I had to guilt myself into working out tonight because i did eat some not so great things. Any suggestions on how to get over this crappy day?

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    A couple of my friends have posted today that they were struggling with wanting to eat all day long and it may very well be that extra hour that threw everybody off.

Me... well, I live in Arizona, and we don't do Daylight Savings and don't have to deal with losing or gaining an hour.
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Did daylight savings affect anyone else besides me mentally or physically? I wanted to eat everything under the roof today and i have been so tired all day long. I had to guilt myself into working out tonight because i did eat some not so great things. Any suggestions on how to get over this crappy day?

Ah yes the winter blues as some call it..I have a hard time staying motivated after the time change couple things that have helped my mood Vitamin D and Evening Primrose oil (its for women only) together I call these my happy pills....counting days til spring lol
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hmm I wonder if that's what is to blame! I have been the same today...just soooooooooooooo hungry. I could eat all the food we've got! LOL Has been so hard to not eat like a mad woman. Still have a good deal of calories left today and think I am going to snack now...so not good but I am seriously starving! LOL Hope tomorrow's better for us!
    Oh and I hate the time change too because kids never adjust well to it...my son went to bed an hour "early" because of the change...which means now he will wake up an hour early too again! Grr.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Anytime there is a time change I find it difficult.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It has a little bit! I was saying that last night and this morning. For one, I was falling asleep on my couch at 8 PM last night. I was watching Predators with my husband and was actually liking it!! He was quite upset I didn't get to finish the movie with him. I felt bad, but I could barely keep my eyes open which shocks me because I am never that tired so early.

I think that it getting dark earlier made me more tired.

This morning, my alarm went off at 5:30 to workout. I just didn't do it. I went to bed at 8 and still couldn't get up. I turned it off and went back to sleep. I ended up working out with my daughter being awake. Which I don't like doing, but I had to do it.

Today is a lot better though. I am not tired right now. :P and I definitely plan on getting up early tomorrow.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This time of year seriously depresses me. I have a form of major depressive disorder referred to as SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), causing my moods to fluctuate with the seasons. This getting dark on my way home from work stuff is crap. My doctor just took me off my anti-depressant, too, because the combination of that with my birth control was causing my blood pressure to go up. I think I'd rather forego the birth control and have the other back! I'm thinking about getting one of those sun lamps they use over reptile tanks LOL
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    It has a little bit! I was saying that last night and this morning. For one, I was falling asleep on my couch at 8 PM last night. I was watching Predators with my husband and was actually liking it!! He was quite upset I didn't get to finish the movie with him. I felt bad, but I could barely keep my eyes open which shocks me because I am never that tired so early.

I think that it getting dark earlier made me more tired.

This morning, my alarm went off at 5:30 to workout. I just didn't do it. I went to bed at 8 and still couldn't get up. I turned it off and went back to sleep. I ended up working out with my daughter being awake. Which I don't like doing, but I had to do it.

Today is a lot better though. I am not tired right now. :P and I definitely plan on getting up early tomorrow.

YEP - thats me!!
    went to bed way early last night, couldn't get up when alarm went off to go to the gym for bootcamp class!! and when the clock said 9am - my body new it was 10am and thats when I eat my morning snack...... I was starving.... but I held out till 10! all day I wanted to eat, everything in site!!! I got off work early and went for a walk and then went to the gym tonight and worked out in the pool with my daughter...... Praying tomorrow is back to normal!!!! yikes!
    and go figure!!! tomorrow is weigh in day for me!!! ugh!!

Here's to a better day for all of us tomorrow!! Cheers!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to figure out when/what to eat, it is dark way too soon, and I want bed now! I really don't like the time changes at all! It will take about 3 weeks for me to adjust!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I love it... I like the sun to be up when I wake up.