SALAD EATERS UNITE!

Options
2»

Replies

• Michuka
    Options
    How do you know how many calories you are eating in a mixed salad with black beans, kidney beans, corn, peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, couscous etc.?
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love Ruby Tuesday's salad bar, they have so much stuff!!!

My favorite salad, no matter how many times I eat it, is romaine lettuce, garbanzo beans (chick peas), cucumbers, and feta with Good Seasonings italian dressing (made with olive oil and extra vinegar. Sometimes I add olives and/or grilled chicken. It's sooo delish.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    How do you know how many calories you are eating in a mixed salad with black beans, kidney beans, corn, peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, couscous etc.?

I enter the ingredients individually.
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm probably doing the wrong thing but I don't even log my salad calories. But the salads I mean consist of various types of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion and mushrooms. I always log the calories if I have potato salad, coleslaw etc. that have dressing on them. Do other members follow this system or not?
  • piersonj
    piersonj Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm probably doing the wrong thing but I don't even log my salad calories. But the salads I mean consist of various types of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion and mushrooms. I always log the calories if I have potato salad, coleslaw etc. that have dressing on them. Do other members follow this system or not?

I always log salad ingredient because along with the calories I also track my fiber intake. Depending on the ingredients, you can get a good amount of fiber in a salad.

If you like Thousand Island dressing, then I recommend Bolt House brand. It is made with yogurt. Tastes great and has 40 calories per 2 Tablespoons.